Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 30-Jan-2005, 14:18
888 at Last !!!

British Supersport

January 29th 2005
ALMERIA TEST A SUCCESS FOR DUCATI BRITISH SUPERSPORT TEAM.
The official Ducati UK backed British Supersport team ended three days of testing at the Spanish circuit of Almeria today, and despite freak weather conditions declared it a success.
Team riders Stuart Easton and Martin Jessopp were subjected to unusual weather conditions which saw temperatures drop to as low as -2 degrees. Thursday was simply too cold for serious work, but with a small temperature increase on Friday and Saturday, the team were able to make progress.
Ex British Supersport Champion Stuart Easton steadily improved throughout the test to set a blistering lap time on Saturday afternoon of 1:41.69, a time which would be impressive in Spanish summer sunshine alone.

“It’s been a very unusual test here at Almeria”, commented Stuart. “But with the temperature increasing slightly in the last two days we’ve been able to make progress and I have a really good feeling with the bike now.

New team signing Martin Jessopp used the three days to get used to his new 749R and gradually improved setting consistent times throughout.

“This is the first time I’ve ridden the 749R race bike and I feel really positive for this season now”, commented Martin. ”We made some changes to the bike to suit my riding style which has helped, and I’m now just looking forward to getting back out on it soon”.

Along with general set-up and familiarization the team have also tested some new braking components from Galfer and look forwarded to further tests before the season starts on March 28th.

The team run in conjunction by Ducati Bristol & Ducati Coventry would like to thank Dunlop Tyres & Shell Advance for their support during the test.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit