Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 12-Nov-2006, 00:25
Mille

So long, and thanks for all the fish

Well, the 620 has moved and and so am I. There's a 748R with my name on it so it's off to Thunderbikes next year.

DD is a special series; the regulations ensure close and even competition, the atmosphere and cameraderie in the padock is unique, and the c r a p that goes on behind the scenes is trully.... c r a p!

The last two years have given me a host of racing memories and some special racing moments that will always be with me. I've made new friends and really will try to keep in touch.

Thanks to Neil at Sigma; not just for building one quick motorcycle but also for your time and coaching; to CK/AK for your flattering offer (nearly changed my mind there); to Chas for his hospitality; to Dom, Kyle, Ali and others for some really close (but fair) racing; and to many many more for the curries, the beer and the crack.

I think I've learned more in the last two years than in the previoius six so it's time to head out into the jungle and see if it's true.
Old 12-Nov-2006, 00:30
Ducati Meccanica

Good Luck with your new adventure Was always a pleasure being lapped by you
Old 12-Nov-2006, 00:56
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
Genuinely a sad day Ian.

It's been a pleasure watching you on track and learning that smooth = fast, and that podium finishes don't need to acheived through dangerous moves and bullying tactics. I'm sure thunderbikes will be a technical joy and push you hard into using DD cornerspeed techiques with a few extra bhp. Can't say I'm not seriously, seriously tempted but don't think I can stump up the budget between now and spring.

Have fun and don't forget to say hi to us lowly DDers in the paddock.

Keep it upright.

Ali
Old 12-Nov-2006, 01:16
500SD

Unhappy

Ian

Gutted your not with us for next year.
Gunna miss watching how the hell you ride so friggin fast at your age And the good old chats in the paddock..

A True example of a genuine dd racer and top geezer..

So the 748r is now yours then.........lucky git!!!!!!

I've got good expectations for you in the thunderbikes fella and i'm sure your go very well and be one of the top guy's without doubt

Keep in touch mate and let us all no how your going. i'm bound to pop down to the brands rounds anyway to poke me nose.....

Take care buddy

kyle

Last edited by hawk : 12-Nov-2006 at 01:33.
Old 12-Nov-2006, 02:45
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally Posted by the old man
Well, the 620 has moved and and so am I. There's a 748R with my name on it so it's off to Thunderbikes next year.

DD is a special series; the regulations ensure close and even competition, the atmosphere and cameraderie in the padock is unique, and the c r a p that goes on behind the scenes is trully.... c r a p!

The last two years have given me a host of racing memories and some special racing moments that will always be with me. I've made new friends and really will try to keep in touch.

Thanks to Neil at Sigma; not just for building one quick motorcycle but also for your time and coaching; to CK/AK for your flattering offer (nearly changed my mind there); to Chas for his hospitality; to Dom, Kyle, Ali and others for some really close (but fair) racing; and to many many more for the curries, the beer and the crack.

I think I've learned more in the last two years than in the previoius six so it's time to head out into the jungle and see if it's true.

Well I for one am truly disappointed. I think you brought something truly unique to our championhip and you will be sorely missed.

You gave us all something to aspire to with your smooth riding style and personable approach to the whole thing. The DD paddock is a lesser place for your not being there. You gave us younger blokes something to aim at whilst appreciating what you've achieved in being the target for us to aim at in the first place.

I've enjoyed a curry or seven in your company, not that I've seen you actualy eat one, more like inhaled them, and enjoeyd your company. To me you'll always be one of the good guys who was more than happy to share thoughts and everything else and the DD paddock will be a poorer place for your not being there.

I'm very happy we share mutual friends and I'm sure we'll see each other out and about in the future.

Good luck in Thunderbikes, I've quite an ambition to be there myself.

Good luck Ian, and I wish you all the best for the future. One very drunk TP.

Old 12-Nov-2006, 09:51
Ducati Corse

Ian, luv you and going to miss you - mind you, as you are not too far away no doubt we must have another curry night soon methinks
Old 12-Nov-2006, 10:08
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
think of the peanuts mate
Old 12-Nov-2006, 10:53
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by the old man

Isn't an R gonna exceed the power:weight ratio? I've seen two R's on a dyno...one was delivering 108bhp at the rear wheel and the other was giving 113 when well set up with an Ultimap chip and the throttle bodies properly matched. Given someone on Motoforum said their Bip weighed 187kg (an R is lighter) that makes the R exceed the power:weight ratio without taking the road kit off. You'll be sticking lead weights on it!

Mind you...I'm looking to buy one now
Old 12-Nov-2006, 11:49
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Great news!!!
Good luck mate, enjoyed some great battles with you this year.

Shame that we won't battle again, but good luck with all things Thunderbike.

Can I kinda take over your name now "the new old man" !!!

Enjoy
Tim
Old 12-Nov-2006, 19:02
Big Twin

Mood: DD 2006: 4th Top Rookie. DD 2007: 2nd Class B. DD 2008: 2nd Class B.
good luck mate in thunderbikes hope to see you around