Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 20-Sep-2006, 18:17
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Anyone tried Bridgestone 014 or 012ss on 996 please

Jammy person that i am, i've got the choice of a free set of Bridgestone tyres for the 996.

I haven't used Bridgestones since the 010's on my ST4s and was happy with them, been on Diablo's on the 996 for the last few years.

Anyone used 014 or 012ss (not the standard 012), and if so any comments how the work on the 996 please.

Ta muchly.

Last edited by BDG : 20-Sep-2006 at 18:26.
Old 20-Sep-2006, 18:24
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
got 12ss on my sps and find them predictable and good in all weathers fro this type of tyre. they seem to warm up well too.
Old 20-Sep-2006, 22:52
Dibble

012SS, had a few sets on the 996 and did everything on them, trackdays (wet & dry), Pyrenees, Spain, general road riding (wet and dry) and they never put a foot wrong, wear well, are predictable and after two years only changed as Steve at Wraysbury (Tyreman) suggested giving the Diablo Corsas a go, the 012SS are 95% as good as the Pirellis, i'd happily run them again, insist on a 180 rear .... hope that helps mate

Dibs
Old 21-Sep-2006, 11:32
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Cheers guys.

if they can cope with your weight Dibble they should be fine for my svelte comapct figure and they're FREE
Old 21-Sep-2006, 20:53
Dibble

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDG
Cheers guys.

if they can cope with your weight Dibble they should be fine for my svelte comapct figure and they're FREE

no worries lightweight !!!!
Old 24-Sep-2006, 02:43
Mille

My wife runs the 014 on her SS. Great looking tire!! She's done three track days and going to get 7,000+ miles out of them. She says she felt them slip a little on the third day on them but nothing uncontrollable or scary for her...and she didn't go down. Guess that lives up to everything I've heard about Bridgestones being predictible and controllable when they start to go. I've rode her SS on the street with them and really really like them. Very neutral turn in, and very confidence inspiring. Like them enough they are going on my 749s next time she needs tires. FWIW, Bridgestone is now the factory tire for Ducati and all the bikes in the US are already showing up wearing 014's.

Oops, forgot...Bridgestone has a street version of the 002 called "Racing Street" that I'd like to know about. It's already available to you guys and wont be available over here til the end of the year. If reports come in good on those I may get them instead of the 014. But since I swap tires for the track (002's) it may be a moot point and I go with the 014's anyways for the mileage.

Last edited by galaxy : 24-Sep-2006 at 02:46.