Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 12-Oct-2004, 00:07
Mille

Mood: 748r god what a sight drool droo
749 manual

does any one no were i can get a workshop manual or the procedure for changing the belts on a 749 bip 03 model or is it the same as 916/748,s any help mucho appreciato
steve
Old 12-Oct-2004, 00:12
Big Twin

Mood: Diet
I believe that you can buy the workshop manual from Ducati dealers, it is pricey at about £80.

I think that it has changed as the belt path is meant to be less compliacted (but I could be wrong, i'm sure an expert will be along soon)
Old 12-Oct-2004, 11:53
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
I have a manual for the testastretta motors, and the 999. The belt changing procedure is different in that there are now no timing marks on the pulleys except the lower double one on the crankcases.
This means either buy the Ducati pulley alignment tool or mark everything up, count teeth between pulleys and check, check and check again.
Tensioning is a little different to in that the cam pulleys are closer together so the tension gauge doesn't fit in there any more and the 5mm deflection trick doesn't work. You now tension between the lower pulley and the fixed pulley.
Mail me if you like and I'll try and get a copy of the procedure to you some how
Old 14-Nov-2004, 16:22
Mille

Mood: 748r god what a sight drool droo
thanks guys but i got one

thanks guys but i got a manuel from jhp 55 quid + that vat stuff yak . so guess ill have to fab up the cam lockers to then but hey better than £850 for a service thou eh