Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 21-Aug-2009, 18:01

Any mini-twinners in here?

Sorry if this is the wrong section, but it's the only club racing section I can see on the site?

I'm building an SS800 minitwinner over the next few weeks to hopefully get it on track for the last couple of meetings of the year. I've just sold my 06 R6 superstocker so this will be err, completly different to what I'm used to. I only know of two other minitwins; TWPD's excellent bike and the ERS Racing bike which I'll be racing against soon.

Anyways last race bike I built up from scratch was a ZXR400, so any handy hints on Ducati specific issues would be greatly appreciated - especially where to buy the 'right' bits.

If its the right place on the forum I'll probably turn this into a build thread - if not feel free to point me in the right direction

Cheers

Alex
Old 21-Aug-2009, 18:20
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
if you look at the early dd rules you will find they are very similar to the minitwins which havent changed over the years since they started long before dd
you are better off using the supersport as you have adjustable forks unlike the monsters or sports
we have our 2nd 800 out at brands runnig in the minitwins on bank holiday so pop over and have a chat if you like
worth you looking at the dedicated minitwin forum too as its a great help
there is a yellow 800ss running at ng in minitwins which we saw when racing at thruxton and also one running with bemsee too this year.
speak to Mark at mhp who is well into minitwins and also does exhaust systems for them as well as others.
Old 21-Aug-2009, 18:33
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
There are a few on here that have ventured into Mini-Twins, and I think our own Nigel (TWPD) has won the championship with one club?
There's lots of good information if you use the search feature on the site.

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 21-Aug-2009, 19:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK
speak to Mark at mhp who is well into minitwins and also does exhaust systems for them as well as others.

Mark built my R6 system back in March Top quality, I'd recommend MHP to anyone

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...1/DSCF0270.jpg

I've got plenty paint left (spray my own race bikes), so the SS is going to be tri-colour
Old 21-Aug-2009, 19:59
will

I would have a word with Baines racing, they sorted Russ Joyners 800ss which runs very well in the Bemsee minitwins.
Old 22-Aug-2009, 09:31
Mille
Bikes: DD 620, 998 Matrix, 500 Pantah, Honda 350 K4, Drixton 500 Honda, Triumph 1050.

Mood: Depends on how many crashes I have!!!!!
Are you racing in Scotland with the Minitwins? Just you mentioned ERS bike, and not sure if Eddy race's down south or not.

I may well take my 620 out for a few outing next year at East Fortune and Knockhill, but will be seriously under powered against the SV's. Few of them are definately not running with in the rules!!!! But it will be fun.
Old 22-Aug-2009, 10:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve41
Are you racing in Scotland with the Minitwins? Just you mentioned ERS bike, and not sure if Eddy race's down south or not.

I may well take my 620 out for a few outing next year at East Fortune and Knockhill, but will be seriously under powered against the SV's. Few of them are definately not running with in the rules!!!! But it will be fun.

Yes, I'm a Melville Member, so do MMC & KDMC meetings.

Hopefully, if common sense prevails the NEMCRC East Fortune meeting in October will be back on - biggest piece of stupid nonsense politics not involving Gordon Broon this year!
Old 22-Aug-2009, 15:41
Mille
Bikes: DD 620, 998 Matrix, 500 Pantah, Honda 350 K4, Drixton 500 Honda, Triumph 1050.

Mood: Depends on how many crashes I have!!!!!
I am a member of KDMC, MMC and SCRMC, easy to spot bright green leathers on a classic bike!!!!
Couldn't agree more regarding October meeting, that was going to be the only one I could make this year.

I normally ride 350 classic, and occassionally my ZXR-400, so it was going to be an outing for both of them, and maybe the Ducati too.

I will no doubt catch up with you if the meeting is on, or next year.
Old 22-Aug-2009, 16:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve41

I normally ride 350 classic, and occassionally my ZXR-400, so it was going to be an outing for both of them, and maybe the Ducati too.

I will no doubt catch up with you if the meeting is on, or next year.

I loved my little ZXR This was mine, http://www.pbase.com/tienek/image/97648182 Had lots of fun on that bike.

I'll deffo see you inpit lane - you wont be able to miss the SS by the time I'm finished prepping it
Old 24-Aug-2009, 02:20
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonye
There are a few on here that have ventured into Mini-Twins, and I think our own Nigel (TWPD) has won the championship with one club?
There's lots of good information if you use the search feature on the site.

I did. The best place for 800ss race information is ducati.ms. There's a few guys run them in the USA against Sv's in the lightweight superbike class...although they're allowed to tune them...90-95bhp seems to be quite achievable!