Ducati Sporting Club UK
Alarms and Related Security
For the discussion of Alarms, Immobilisers, Trackers, Locks, Ground Anchors and other forms of motorcycle security.

Old 24-Oct-2004, 20:47

meta alarm problems

I am trying to find out some info regarding a meta 357t alarm that my mate is having some problems with on his 02 R1.
The bike has been off the road for about 18 months as has been in storage. bike put back on the road recently with a new bike battery fitted, the alarm was working ok when on charge via an optimate charger in my garage.
After several days after taking the bike away he has had problems with the alarm arming/disarming etc, after reading several posts regarding alarm problems i came to the conclusion it could be the alarm battery that may be flat due to the previous lack of use!. Firstly does the 357t have a lithium battery inside the main unit and how do you remove it?
I summise the battery is located inside the main alarm unit, my mate says the screws have triangular heads and may need a special tool to get into the alarm! is this correct?
does anybody have any info regarding battery removal and replacement. I have also told him to check for an blown inline fuse.
Any info or suggestions would be greatley appreciated.
Old 24-Oct-2004, 21:17
Big Twin

Mood: Diet
My '02 R1 also had weird problems with the Meta Alarm. If I did not cancel the indicators before turing the bike off, I would get the 4 beeps and the alarms would go off a few seconds later.

What I eventually found was that the R1 would blow the always on live feed to the clocks (which also powers the alarm) when I didn't cancel the indicator before turning off the bike. The alarm then gets no power from the battery.

I just fitted a slightly bigger fuse and it never happened again.

You can tell if this is happening as the time on the clock and the trip counter will be reset

Rob
Old 24-Oct-2004, 21:22
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: '01 Ducati 748R and '04 Mille RSVR

Mood: Awaiting the arrival of the sun and the disappearance of the rain
Cleggy,

You can get into the Alarm body with a normal screwdriver depending on how tight the original screws are.

I got into mine when water penetrated it by pressing down hard on the screws whilst turning the driver.