Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 17-Aug-2009, 21:43
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 996 1 & only Class C DD Champion and KTM LC8 950 SMR

Mood: It's not big, Its not funny, It's necessary
Gbyte666 very late Cadwell 1 Report

Gbyte666 Cadwell 1 Race Report

Well I have to start this report by reporting that I whooped Andy Sheppard
( on the dual carriage way on the way home whilst he was towing his caravan behind the van )
Oh well in my dreams.
Sorry it is so past the moment but I want to try and capture the moment that was as these are all going into my Race Scrapbook which I want to look back on in years gone by and see it all again as it was.
I love Cadwell and I expected great things from this circuit but I didn’t take into consideration that so does everyone else. DOH
It was great to turn up on the Sat early afternoon and watch the DD for change and a chance to get the camera of doom out. I attempted to point it at Tim waiting to go out for race one but after some sort of hand gestures that looked scarily like “ point that f*%king thing at me and your dead” ( PLJ for you then Tim ) I concentrated on other subjects like Ghost.
PS: and he didn’t crash ( Only Grass Tracked )
Race one DD was a treat to watch but I felt for you in race two with that real shinny wet surface, well done to everyone in that race.
Sat night was a great success with the Grib Fest, well done to all involved and a great way to remember Lucie.
Qualifying
After flying round Cadwell on the DSC trackday I had high hopes for a good time and I finished feeling confident I would be higher up than my usual 19th. But with all the records being smashed and everyone loving this great circuit it translated to a **** 26th .
So far I have treated DD as fun and have had bags of it but this is the first time I really was disappointed at the qualifying result especially as I love this circuit and feel good around it. Maybe I’m becoming a racer ?
Race One ( Take One )
Well all of us DD’rs know what happened in this race.
As I am new to DD every race start for me is still a scary event to get out of the way. So to do this three times just about hit my limit on the one to ten in the scary scales. Bugger is I got better and better starts each time. My Wife & Boys had their hearts in their throats each time they red flagged.
We had plenty of time on the Grid to catch up on the latest gossip and spot tyres that were not exactly legal. Lol
On the third start I was looking for the Track Service Station signs to pull in for fuel, a drink and a nervous wee.

Bad luck to all the fallers but I’m glad that none of them were really serious.

Race Two

After race one stop start I was knackered already, but I guess everyone else was as well. I went for it as best I could but I was still messing the bit past the cafe and leaving the door wide open at the hairpin where ( sorry can’t remember your name/number ) kept doing me. I could hear Ghost right on my tail pipe every time I came to a breaking corner as well. Gulp..
Anyway managed a respectable ( for me ) 17th
Race One ( Take Two )
Out of the whole season so far this was one race I was not looking forward to as being a four lap race I figured everyone was going to go like crazy from the off. On the Grid for the 5th start of the day it seemed we all had it licked into that first corner and settled into our respectful places by the time we were into Charlie’s. Turns out it was a great race and I managed one more place with a 16th.
It was a long 5hr journey home for us broken up with a stop at the little chef where we met up with Skids/Senna/Dallas/Injected for a well earned Olympic Breakfast hand cooked by Dominic Clegg. ( yup he really was a spitting image of Dom, made us all look twice )
Still loving it and see you all at My local circuit Castle Coombe..

Craig

Nice picture of Harriet in front of me but I got in the way of the picture....lol

Last edited by Gbyte666 : 17-Aug-2009 at 21:53.
Old 17-Aug-2009, 21:50
Big Twin

Mood: If you ain't first, you're last!
Heheheeeee!

Nice one Craigy, sorry about the death threats, but at least my sign language is up to scratch.

See you up the front with us at Castle Combe then?
Old 17-Aug-2009, 22:40
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Great to read write ups that make you smile. I'll be after you at the Castle and I've never seen the place yet.
Old 17-Aug-2009, 22:49
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
top job Craig
Old 17-Aug-2009, 22:55
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
Watch out guys, Craig is fast at Castle Combe...
We were there playing recently and he'd beat me to the holding area every time!
Old 18-Aug-2009, 00:19
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBs996

His starts at Cadwell were........... he had to have gone before those lights went out.
Old 18-Aug-2009, 00:23
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBs996

Lol, I had to beat you to the waiting area after I caught you there the first time asking that bloke if he comes here often. Luckly he got a clean getaway from you..

Craig
Old 18-Aug-2009, 00:26
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost
Great to read write ups that make you smile. I'll be after you at the Castle and I've never seen the place yet.

Looking forward to it Phil, I think

I'm going to try and sneak off work Wed to come and watch ( spy ) on any DD testers. Hopfully see you there.

Craig
Old 18-Aug-2009, 00:38
500SD

After race one stop start I was knackered already, but I guess everyone else was as well. I went for it as best I could but I was still messing the bit past the cafe and leaving the door wide open at the hairpin where ( sorry can’t remember your name/number ) kept doing me. I could hear Ghost right on my tail pipe every time I came to a breaking corner as well.

That was me Craig

Then you blasted back past me down the straight bits

All good fun
Old 18-Aug-2009, 00:56
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbyte666
Looking forward to it Phil, I think

I'm going to try and sneak off work Wed to come and watch ( spy ) on any DD testers. Hopfully see you there.

Craig

I love this banter as much as the racing, yes I'm going Weds, got to test the latest fettlement,....FFS