Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 03-Sep-2005, 18:31
500SD

Mood: Firing on all 4 !!
Gold frame painting !!

My old 1995 916bp is starting to look its age in a couple of areas as the gold on the frame has become a bit on the flatside and i noticed it looks a bit furry under the tank. Also having been used all seasons and weathers for the last 3 years i think it could be getting time to retire her.
The bikes worth bugger all with 24k on it (doubled its mileage in 3 years) and while it looks great everywhere else i know these bits away from sight are there and would like to rebuild it and get it back to A1 new condition before parking it for most of the years to come.
So anyone had any experience of getting a frame painted ? i want to keep it exactly the original colour and finish so paint is out of the equation really i guess.
Also are the original silver frame stickers available from ducati ? both of mine are either faded away or scratched.

Cheers
Old 03-Sep-2005, 20:37
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: st2......we can rebuild
no expert but i think you will have to strip it down and have it powder coated
there have been a few threads about powder coating im sure one of them will have some recomdations of who to use
try a search
Old 03-Sep-2005, 21:09
500SD

Mood: Firing on all 4 !!
yes the bike will be stripped to the frame and subframe.
tried a search, hence the post, didnt find anything regarding the original colour. had a few frames done by a place in mold with good results but for the ducati i really want to get it exactly the same as original
cheers anyway
Old 03-Sep-2005, 21:26
500SD

Mood: Come on spring!!!
frame

When i had my frame repaired by MRS last year, when they had welded the new tube in, it had to be stripped and repainted! well happy with the outcome looks like new but it is the silver one! Im sure it will be just as good in the gold colour!

http://www.mrsdirect.co.uk
01159447666 Speak to Les

[Edited on 3-9-2005 by Chrisiball]
Old 04-Sep-2005, 17:55
Mille

When had mine plastic coated bit of an arse stripping and rebuilding it but result was more than worth th effort. I Had mine done at NB coatings in Ponti highly recommend to anyone.
Old 05-Sep-2005, 13:37
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Paul,

I'm sure a word with Rage Designs in Warrington will have the answer, plus it's pretty local to you, I'm sure he might be able to source the graphics for you also if you can't from Ducati