Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 29-Apr-2005, 16:58
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Yep, I ride a lot with Fil2 on BHC rideouts - definitely a very quick bloke on road and track.

I ride with Ali as well and he could do quite well on the day.

Anyhow, they're the guys I'm going to be cheering on. I wish every DD racer good luck, but there's nothing quite like a bit of partisan support for the guys you ride with. When you meet up for brekkie, a good blast and a few beers all year round it's your mates out there not faceless racers.
Old 29-Apr-2005, 17:06
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Quote:
Originally posted by weeksy
Deffo Fil2 then mate... never seen the guy lose his rag yet.... All that martial arts training must stand him in good stead on the relaxation side then

Yeah, going back to Weeksy's earlier thread about fisticuffs in the pitlane if someone punts you into the gravel?

If it happens to be Fil that you're riled at, don't even think about taking a pop....unless you're a 4th Dan
Old 29-Apr-2005, 17:12
Mille

Quote:
that's exactly what club racing is all about there Jools.... people you know being out there and doing it....

Even though most groups of people will have their own 'rider' it's great that the rest will be supported

Ive not been on the Forum long enough to get to know anyone rider in all honesty so i,ll just be cheering them all on and enjoying what promises to be some close racing hopefully
Old 29-Apr-2005, 17:52
Mille

Well i,m not to sure going round and telling everyone i,m screwy is really the way to impress but i,ll give it a go :P
Old 29-Apr-2005, 17:55
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Quote:
Screwy, don't be a wallflower when you get there.....

"hi, i'm from DSC and i'm Screwy" is a half decent introduction line actually

Half decent, half decent Steve-I reckon it's a PERFECT introduction line with most of this lot..........

John
Old 29-Apr-2005, 18:34
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
NBs for my money, always seems pretty cool and plays down his chances, MUCH faster on the track than the road (probably bit o partisan in that too!)

Really dont know many of the others, I guess Paynep will go well, heard he is pretty quick and looked it when I saw him a cadwell last year, not sure how skids will do or senna, but I'm looking forward to seeing psychlist out there!
Old 29-Apr-2005, 19:31
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
None of us know the whole grid, so it's a bit of a lottery. I've not seen some on track and others I've never met, but from the people I've actually seen on track/know of....

Jeff
Domski
Nick
Graham Butcher
Phil2
Rattler
Skids

....will all be in that order in the top ten interspersed with the ringers I don't know.

I wish I could go and spectate, but I'm teaching CBT on Saturday and on a work course Sun, Mon, Tue and Weds (and I'll be in the office until gone midnight tonight )

I think this is a fabulous series, it'll grow and grow and probably have two grids next year - a bit of history in the making this weekend.

Good luck to them all, I hope they all get what they want out of it. After having 'published' an extract from my diary, I'm soooo excited for them, it really brings back that sinking feeling in my stomach.

WeeJohnyB
Old 29-Apr-2005, 20:13
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
My money is on Geoff Spencer, he was the guy wearing the green & white leathers at last years Cadwell track day in the fast group. very fast.

Chris.
Old 29-Apr-2005, 20:20
Big Twin

Mood: is it cos i is a bricklayer
im watching my local riders with interest -paynep is only based a few hundred yards up the road,NBs996 on the clockwork monster partially sponsored by my local ducati dealer Snells(brilliant crew)
i wish CK+AK all the bestest luck cos they have a lot of badluck,sweat and tears in prepping the bike
i hope that the skidlids has a good race and does well on the 583cc bike that he has put together himself on a tight budget (true spirit of the series)and kept us all informed of his progress
fil2 cos he sorted me some rear sets and seems a terrific bloke
ali and TP always make me laugh with the banter on this board
As for podium finishers i wouldnt like to guess at anything except that the top three will be the more experienced riders and not neccessarily the fastest bikes!!!

oh i will take a guess -i havent seen any of these riders in action on the road or track
domski/fil2/nbs996/paynep and the dark horses rattler/senna3/guest rider

fingers crossed that every body gets home safely
Old 30-Apr-2005, 09:17
Big Twin

Mood: Enjoying Togdom !
Quote:
Originally posted by WeeJohnyB
None of us know the whole grid, so it's a bit of a lottery. I've not seen some on track and others I've never met, but from the people I've actually seen on track/know of....

Jeff
Domski
Nick
Graham Butcher
Phil2
Rattler
Skids

....will all be in that order in the top ten interspersed with the ringers I don't know.

I wish I could go and spectate, but I'm teaching CBT on Saturday and on a work course Sun, Mon, Tue and Weds (and I'll be in the office until gone midnight tonight )

I think this is a fabulous series, it'll grow and grow and probably have two grids next year - a bit of history in the making this weekend.

Good luck to them all, I hope they all get what they want out of it. After having 'published' an extract from my diary, I'm soooo excited for them, it really brings back that sinking feeling in my stomach.

WeeJohnyB
Bloody hell the rest of them must be slow if i'm going to be 4th!!!
Me thinks you mean Chris Johny?
Butch