Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 02-May-2005, 11:46
Regional Organiser - BHCN
Ducati Corse

Mood: Raring to Ride
4D\'s Cadwell Report

Forget your GP,WSB,BSB theres nothing to compare it to DSC Desmo Duo racing.
Having shared the 1st weekend away at Cadwell with Phil and Kelly,Dom and Dan,Ali and Sara if that has set a presidence for things to come then Bring it on, I had the most enjoyable time.
Waking up to the Sound of Thunder on Saturday morning was not the sound of thunder we wanted to hear, for it was the real thing, rain lashing the tent and thoughts of a wet first practice and even a 1st Sound of Thunder race with the big boys. First things first, the getting the bikes down for the Screwtts to check em over, turned out to be less of a worry than an MOT for a road bike , brakes ,steering head, lock wiring, did it have two wheels and an exhaust.
Phil ,Ali and Dom went out on the practice session in the wet and all though having a few slides in places came back confident. The race itself went with out any incidents as far as the lads were concerned and gain some more knowledge of the track and conditions all though by now the track was some what more dryer than earlier.
Sunday the big day
The camp was buzzing with final preparations and people doing what people do best running around doing things twice, looking at watches, running through if every thing has been done. Many DSC peeps were turning up, having ridden up or down as the case may be from all over the place. Great to see the BHCN contingent turn up in force after an early start and breakie stop en route. As it happened coming to my aid when we had to change Fil2's clip on's and various parts after a coming together at Barns . Whipping of the top yoke, and all the other handlebar thing'ys. A joint BHCN effort. Thanks lads.
Ready for the 1st race ,as I see it, there are two races going on here the " Factory" teams and the DSC pleebs like ourselves and that is taking no offence to the "big" boys who are talented rider in there own right .
Even looking down at the rider's on the grid brought me butterfly's so they must have been feeling like the lads about to go over the top in WW1 . Turn 1 was not the doom and gloom every one expected and no incidence ocurred ,well may be a little elbow knee bashing and the race was well and truly on. To see all your mate out there on track is a great feeling and to see how quickly there have progressed even better. Phil and Ali were having there own little battle i think and fought like gladiators amongst the pack,there was so little time between the "club" riders (discounting the first 4 fast guys with the Superbikes) who were battling it out together and giving it every thing they got, it was really great to watch as a spectator. There were a few off as in all racing and to those that were injured its all ways sorry to see it happen. Domski has a 6" split up the lenght of his Radius bone in his arm which was possible the worst of the day.
Second race was even better as maybe riders had settled down a bit. Still very very close racing with now one giving an inch to anyone, our BHC boys were still battling it out up the front and giving the big boys a run for there money with some impresive lap times .
Disaster for Ali as he collects a highside coming out of the hairpin after the start/finish straight especially as he was really getting on the pace for a good finish. Fil2 mean while was keeping in touch for a great finish and some richly deserved points .
Ali still has'nt had enough and wants to go out and race the 3rd session, all credit to him after the highside but i guess its the best thing to do. We franticly get the bike straighten out and repair with what ever we can lay our hands on.
He then goes out and wins it. What a Star.
This is going to be a great experiance and a first for me. I can only echo whats been said about the comeradery and team spirit with in the DSC camp. A Big Double Well done to all . 4D

All hand to the pump as the BHCN boys get stuck in

We have lift of, pity its not sharp as Ali gets some air time

[Edited on 2-5-2005 by Fordie]
Old 02-May-2005, 19:06
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Yeah,a great day out!
I reckon if there was a branch team award the BHC mob would have walked it!How good was it to get Fil out on the repaired bike for two top ten finishes?
Here he is charging into Hall bends.
Old 02-May-2005, 19:09
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
I guess it was even sweeter when ali's bike was kicked back into shape just in time to get out for the invitation race.He repaid the hard work with a win.Fantastic mate!
Here's Fordie in action while ali looks on,kinda worried!
Old 02-May-2005, 19:17
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Quote:
Originally posted by KeefyB
Yeah,a great day out!
I reckon if there was a branch team award the BHC mob would have walked it!

think you may have had some competition for that award mate...
Old 02-May-2005, 19:21
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
No-one's more please than I am that Phil got out for both races.
Excellent results too, so well done Team BHC Mob!
Old 02-May-2005, 19:40
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
I reckon if there was a branch team award the BHC mob would have walked it!How good was it to get Fil out on the repaired bike for two top ten finishes?

No help from anyone in the Oxon/Berks section then
Old 02-May-2005, 19:44
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally posted by skidlids
Quote:

No help from anyone in the Oxon/Berks section then

Yeh - also dont forget how far South those cable-ties came from !!!!!
Old 02-May-2005, 19:44
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: st2......we can rebuild
must agree with mr ford
best racing ive seen, great day out. and pete you were an inspiration to watch, mad plumber turns into hyperactive spanner man.

as for the bhc ride
that fordie magic could have been usefull on the way home after the st decided it dont like my misses
it's never given me any probs in 16,000 miles stick her on the back and all hell breaks loose
it first played up just before we got to cadwell as the temp rose to around 205 F and the oil light started to flicker.
quick check showed oil levels o.k etc, so put it down to old oil/or sender unit
as the bike was also getting quite hot, i think now that the oil had had it(as nelly suggested it might be)
then on the way home first fuel stop the alarm wont stop going off and then she won't turn over, managed to bump it with the boys givin i a push.
then home ward bound.
stopede at a nice pub on the way back, got off the bike and sure enough the alarm is going off every 20 seconds.
eventually with keefy b's help got the damn thing in to service mode and hid her at the back of the car park cause it keeps beeping every 10 seconds to remind you that its knackerd.
quick pint another bump start and then final leg home.

track down alarm fault and fix 40 mins
oil change 20 mins
filter change 5 mins
getting fairing on and off with them stupid siezed up badly designed flipping well nuts(and yes i do grease them) best part of 4 hrs

the alarm problem was a broken live feed from the battery
Old 02-May-2005, 22:10
Regional Organiser - BHCN
Ducati Corse

Mood: Raring to Ride
Must say a big thanks to Skidlids ,Tim, and PeteB for parts that got Phil back on track . Glyn glad you got that good lady of yours home safe. At some time Ill get those tyres up to Phils in Bozeat be nearer to pick them up. 4D
Old 02-May-2005, 22:31
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: st2......we can rebuild
pete let us know when you are coming up.
we'll all nip out for a bevie or two
bring that seat you want doin an all chap