Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 26-Oct-2005, 00:47
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by Ian
maybe I am soft but I really feel for Gibernau, he is one of the few that has ridden at Rossi's level, and I think as he has done it once he can do it again once his head is right. I also think that Rossi is the absolute master of media manipulation and mind games and the second scalp after Biaggi in the Rossi "I am no longer your friend" game.

I can also see that Ducati Corse need sponsorship money, Gibernau gives them that all important Spanish interest. As Ducati do not have a stroker 250 they do not have a route for youngsters; guess you need experience to ride a desmosedicci.

I guess realistically Ducati are not going for a championship win but perhaps podiums and a couple of wins so Capirossi and Gibernau are perhaps the best placed to do this.

Yes Ian, you are soft
Old 26-Oct-2005, 01:18
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Crunchy
So, if all the riders were on the open market and available (apart from Rossi) who would be the ideal choice for Ducati. Mine would be Marco.

Mine would be Danny Pedrosa
Old 26-Oct-2005, 06:42
BSB Star

Mood: All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
Quote:
So, if all the riders were on the open market and available (apart from Rossi) who would be the ideal choice for Ducati. Mine would be Marco.

Pedrosa or Stoner.

Vote is currently 93% AGAINST having Gibbonknob!!!!!!!!!1

Hope you are listening Ducati (as if)
Old 26-Oct-2005, 08:09
DSC Membership Sec. & BHCN R.O.
Webteam
Big Twin
Bikes: None at the moment

Mood: Feeling old...
Quote:
Originally posted by yeti
Quote:
Originally posted by Urban996
Ducati need someone experienced to steer them in the right direction at this stage, rather than a youngster high on enthusiasm but lacking experience.

They've got someone - Capirossi. On his day he can be every bit as fast and hard charging as the other "Rossi". He's been with the team from the start and obviously had a big hand in developing the bike. Leave him where he is and allow a youngster to benefit from his experience, not only of the bike, but winning.

That sums it up doesn't it? 'On his day'. Don't get me wrong, I like Capirossi, I think he's a great character, great rider, top bloke and all that. But 3 wins in 3 years doesn't seem to me as if they've done a good job of developing the bike. Remembering the first one came after Rossi ran off the circuit, and given another lap or two he would have recovered to win.

Also remember the first year, the Desmosedici was a surprise package, and more competitive than anyone could have possibly imagined. What happened the second year? The team lacked direction and got themselves confused with the bike.

If Ducati want to win, and win consistently, they need someone to steer them in the right direction, in the same way Rossi/Burgess did for Yamaha.

For the record, I'm a big fan of Capirossi, and don't like Gibernau's whingeing and moaning and sulkiness, but if he can help turn the bike into a consistent front runner then I'll settle for that.
Old 26-Oct-2005, 08:54
Big Twin

Mood: is it the weekend yet??
Quote:

For me Marco is probably the best option. Hayden would be useful to Ducati in US market and is worth considering, or I was a gambling team manager Vermulen
Old 26-Oct-2005, 09:26
Mille

Ive gone for number 4 as i couldnt find a box to tick that said " Gibbon whinger should be staked out and shot "
Old 26-Oct-2005, 10:20
500SD

Mood: What's going on??
Get Xaus back!!!!!!!
Old 26-Oct-2005, 22:41

hayden or marco, rossi's turned gibernau's brain to mush?
Old 26-Oct-2005, 23:05
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
When hes been with them for half the season, youll all be queueing up or whinging to get the tickets to meet him at the paddock diner!
Old 27-Oct-2005, 06:33
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally posted by andyb
When hes been with them for half the season, youll all be queueing up or whinging to get the tickets to meet him at the paddock diner!
That would be right.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit