Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 23-Jul-2006, 00:20
Big Twin

Mood: R1's are better than Ducatis'
Inreply to all 3.

Eric, you confused me with your reply fella, should i have not commented on it even though it's on another thread ? if not, why ?

Tonio, I'm just trying to give a balanced perspective from someone not directly involved in the series, i have no vested interest in DD nor in NE, i'm just an ex-wanabee with half a brain who can see that sometimes you lads need to have a look at what you're writing before you post (In my opinion)

Skids, Your points are for you and the DD RC to take up with Jim and NE, i was talking more generally on a club and NE basis, not on a specifics, i;'m not trying to say i'm right or you're wrong, just that you need to look from a perspective outside of your series.

If Nino or Jim H changed the DP/NGRRC series would the rideres necessarily be told in advance ? No, the simple answer is no, both have made changes to the series when i've turned up at meetings without explaination... or indeed NEED for explaination.... Why, because it's their series, it's their club... you play by their rules, or take your bike and go home.... Not trying to say that's correct, or fair, but it's the simple way it goes sometimes.

MAte, both you and i know what the answer is, bitching and complaining and pulling out of classes, well that's not it. Getting grids o FULL riders, that's the answer, until then, i'm sorry to say, you're second rate citizens.

Remember lads, in some peoples eyes, you as a series are a Whim that my fade and die, much as you'd love to think it, you're not part of the fixtures and fittings of a club, NE don't NEED you to exist... neither would any other club. They all ticked along without you, and if you left, they'd carry on much as they all have done for 2 decades...

Get your riders on the grids, show them time after time and year after year, that you are a benefit to them and serious about your racing..... then and only then...Can you start telling them what to do..

Discussing it on here is all well and good, as it talking to Bushell etc, however they don/t make the rules, Jim PArker and his team do....
Old 23-Jul-2006, 00:42
Big Twin

Mood: renegade sexy racer
[quote=weeksy2]Inreply to all 3.

Eric, you confused me with your reply fella, should i have not commented on it even though it's on another thread ? if not, why ?

It's was on another message board mate a message board created to stop this kind of **** being flung around making the RC and RR's job harder than it already is. I think he called him a dirty fecker on here anyway but that's not the point. The point is I don't know why you felt the need to bring it across to this forum. why don't we just get rid because as you say if it was aimed at me I wouldn't like it either. Clear enough?
Old 23-Jul-2006, 07:58
Big Twin

Eric, clear as day, well if you were right, it was also on here. I'll find it later, but right now, i've got to go to work.
Old 23-Jul-2006, 09:08
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeksy2

ii was chatting to a few Superclub racers and apparently this was a racer based decision after chatting to riders in Superclub paddocks over the last 12 months. New Era were not the force who governed this decision, it was in fact the Paddock.

Of the riders i spoke to today they were all exceptionally happy with the decision for 12 lappers...

"splits the men from the boys"
"gives a proper race over a proper distance"
"same as in MotoGP isn't it, 1 chance 1 weekend"

the simillar quotes go on and on.

Interesting huh

What's interesting there Steve is that you give us the idea that the superclub racers have some sway over New Era in the Superclub paddock, if that is the case then why can't the DD racers hold some sway over NE and Jim in the club paddock
Old 23-Jul-2006, 09:19
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychlist
What's interesting there Steve is that you give us the idea that the superclub racers have some sway over New Era in the Superclub paddock, if that is the case then why can't the DD racers hold some sway over NE and Jim in the club paddock

Not really mate, the riders were asked their opinion and what they'd like from the series, that's 6 - 7 classes of riders, from the 125, up to the powerbikes...

You're just 1 class (even though you'd like to be 2 )

DD have as much or as little say as any other class.... what makes me laugh is that you lot seem to think you should have more.
Old 23-Jul-2006, 09:34
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Not really mate, the riders were asked their opinion and what they'd like from the series, that's 6 - 7 classes of riders, from the 125, up to the powerbikes...

You're just 1 class (even though you'd like to be 2 )

DD have as much or as little say as any other class.... what makes me laugh is that you lot seem to think you should have more.

We don't think we should have more, but I think that if the other classes were asked (as you suggest), we should have also been asked / consulted on this. - why weren't we? A level playing field would be good.

Tim
Old 23-Jul-2006, 09:37
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler
We don't think we should have more, but I think that if the other classes were asked (as you suggest), we should have also been asked / consulted on this. - why weren't we? A level playing field would be good.

Tim

That i honestly don't know the answer to Tim... i can only go on what i've been told, and that was that riders were asked what they'd like to change and this was the sort of thing they suggested. I'm only going on what mates have told me, nothing official from NE as i've never spoken to an NE official.
Old 23-Jul-2006, 09:42
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler

Tim

exactly and i still hope that this can be resolved swiftly early this week.
was hoping to have had an official email through by now from the rc but the only info we have had is from NE sending riders letter.

level playing fields are not available in 2006 it seems........shortened races (ne fault) mixed grids (our fault) changes to advertised races (NE fault)

if something seriously doesnt get sorted i wont be putting any bikes out on the grid next year
Old 23-Jul-2006, 09:42
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
That i honestly don't know the answer to Tim... i can only go on what i've been told, and that was that riders were asked what they'd like to change and this was the sort of thing they suggested. I'm only going on what mates have told me, nothing official from NE as i've never spoken to an NE official.

So you can see why DD riders a getting fraught over this, we are being dictated too without any prior knowledge or apparent consideration and then to be told (by yourself) that other riders have been consulted leaves a nasty taste.

Tim
Old 23-Jul-2006, 09:45
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
rattler u have pm