Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 17-Aug-2004, 12:19
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
if you want to see Ducati's running at the front of a club race come and watch or join in the New Era or North Glos SoT classes. Where you could well see either Ian Hutchinson (tuned 998S more details Ian if you read this), Les Liney (AJR preped 996SPS), Mark Baldock (CSC racing JHP preped 996RS or Dean Nicholls (AJR preped 998R) winning.
Castle Combe this Saturday will be a chance to maybe watch all of these in action. I will be there probably watching, but I am going to phone and see if I can get a entry for my 748SP track bike. So what if I finish last and will probably be lapped ny all those named above but it will be fun, providing I don't stall on the grid like last year all to the ammusement of the lads from the Hants Branch.
Old 17-Aug-2004, 12:25
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
Hey, Kev, if you don't want to support the Donington event, that's fine, I guess. But, I get the sense that you're peeved somehow that it's happening at all. I put significant effort into organising this and would very much like to see it through. It's got absolutely nothing to do with getting my race fees paid for, by the way.
Old 17-Aug-2004, 12:31
500SD

Mood: DOH!
I do plan on attending the new era meet at the weekend in order to meet up with Rick Ellis who is a pal of mine.
The problem is I am working a day shift all weekend so I can't be sure of coming until I know how busy work is or isn't!
Old 17-Aug-2004, 15:47
MotoGP God

Wrong Felix not Peeved its happening, Would love to see the likes of yourself, WJB, Weeksy, Garry Smith, Gary Cunington, Paul Payne and maybe Chris Pullen and a couple of others putting on a show for a large number of the DSC membership, It would be a grand well spent.
From the start when asked to be on the race bursary committe I stated that I would not be taking advantage of it if I had a say in how we were spending the DSC funds.

My main concern at the moment is the knock on effect for next year, other members reactions especially if we loose money on TA3 and also the exclusion of supportive DSC members WJB and Weeksy from benefiting from the fund.

I applaud your efforts to sort something out but I think we should stick to the outline agreed by the voting members at the AGM that got the £1000 allocated in the first place.

Still its of no consequence to me as less than a £1 of it is my money and its not going to effect how I go about my racing especially as I have spent over 4 times the Amount of the Bursay in tha last few years in sponsoring somebody.
Old 17-Aug-2004, 15:59
Ducati Meccanica

Kev, two questions: What is your concern about next year? What do mean by knock-on effect? Second, how is this not consistent with the outline?
Old 17-Aug-2004, 16:17
MotoGP God

Felix lets start with question 2, The AGM voted for a Bursary to be set aside to assist existing DSC members either with their racing or to help them start racing and although the topic was debated it was decided it shouldn't just include those riding a Ducati although some sort of preference may be given to such a rider over a non Ducati rider.
This way the likes of the WJB/Monty team would also benifit, It would also stop people joining the club just to get there hands on some of the fund.

At that point in time it hadn't been decided how best to use the £1000, I know some people wanted tyres, others entries and so on.
So when the membership present voted I wonder who they had in mind to recieve the funds, My list of names was given to Sally Ann on the day and res you were on it.

As this original Bursary is intended as a toe in the water then it will no doubt again be on the Agenda at the next AGM. There could be 3 proposals
1, increase the size of the Bursary
2, keep it the same
3, decrease it
this will be decided by the members on how well they think the funds have been used this year, if you can't see a knock on effect I'm supprised.
Old 17-Aug-2004, 16:32
Big Twin

Mood: Sans moto
Hi Jen - Welcome to the board.

[Edited on 17-8-2004 by STEVE M]
Old 17-Aug-2004, 16:49
Ducati Meccanica

You know, Kev, in my mind it comes down to initiative. As you, I was part of the committee. However, aside from an initial email, nothing else happened! And, the season is pretty much over now.

As for next year, no, sorry, I can't see the knock-on effect. As you say the next AGM will determine the future.
Old 17-Aug-2004, 16:56
Ducati Meccanica

I don't follow your logic at all, Weeksy. How can you predict outcome? Just because you've switched to Suzuki, doesn't mean there'll be less in attendance.
Old 17-Aug-2004, 17:04
Ducati Meccanica

Tell you what, Weeksy, perfect opportunity for you to get planning for next year.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit