Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 02-May-2006, 13:32
Mille

Mood: Beige.....
916 Strada - Does it need an Eprom update?

I've noticed over the past couple of days that since the overhaul, the 916 Strada is a little reluctant to start. Plus you can smell fuel before she finally starts. It's got Teri's fitted so would it need a modified EPROM?
I've noticed original Ducati EPROM’s for sale on eBay at a reasonable price, (there's a surprise) - but wondered if there was perhaps a factory 916 EPROM setting that suited no other modifications other than the Teri's being fitted.
Old 02-May-2006, 14:02
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Is this starting problem a new issue related to the fitting of Termis or have the Termis been on for a while and some other overhaul taken place.
The P8 computer on the Strada has a CO2 adjustment pot, has this been altered in the over haul.

[Edited on 2-5-2006 by skidlids]
Old 02-May-2006, 17:14
Mille

Mood: Beige.....
I think the previous owner fitted the Termi's, (cans only) - to the bike before I had it and I doubt they would have ever noticed any starting problems. It sometimes takes a few start's to get going and quite a bit of throttle movement before it barks into life.
Old 02-May-2006, 19:01
DaveB916

What chip do you currently have in the ECU?

If its not a '062' try one, they do make a significant difference with open cans, if you need one I have a couple or three 'spares' I bought a job lot....lol just in case but never needed a spare. U2U me you can have one. That attached is worth a read if you have time:

http://www.moto-one.com.au/performance/996eproms2.html

Cheers
Old 03-May-2006, 19:54
DaveB916

U2U returned.