Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 02-May-2006, 15:21
Big Twin

Mood: R1's are better than Ducatis'
Good luck to Dallas this weekend

Good luck with Les Lineys old bike mate...

i know you've not played with the bbig boys for a while... Hope it all goes well...

Will make sure Skids gets the results to me.

Any pics of the bike lads ?
Old 02-May-2006, 18:47
Mille

Mood: ok
is this at snett if so look out for geoff spencer superclub sot good luck dallas.
Old 02-May-2006, 21:11
Big Twin

Nopes, Dallas is at Cadwell as is Skidlids now.

my mate who i've been testing with lately is at Snett taking on Spencer.
Old 04-May-2006, 23:44
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Just had Dallas round and borrow my spare P8 ECU with a 996SPS chip. Still not sure if he has cured the misfire he suffered at Pembrey, two evenings ago he was around and borrowed my harness from my 955, but even with that fitted it was still misfiring, he reved it to 10000rpm earlier and it just cut out and would not start, so he popped his spare ECU on and got it running again, then went back to the original ECU and again it ran OK. Bike is now loaded in his van ready for the trip to Cadwell tomorrow along with spare everything from engine pickups, coils, igniters and ECU.

He will be trying it in the ACU evening practice tomorrow before racing it on Sat and Sun.
I should arrive around 7pm Sat evening depending on the time I can get away from work on Saturday.

The 750SSie is nearly ready, a couple of number boards would help, but considering it was a road bike up until last Monday and that I haven't spent a single penny on it this week just used bits I had about I am somewhat pleased (if somewhat worn out)with the fact that I willl be racing it Sunday.

Here is what it is like at the moment

Sadly Weeksy has had to go without me getting over and fitting his new chain for him as well as a couple of other little jobs that were going to get done on his bike and will now have to wait until next week, Sorry Steve
Old 05-May-2006, 09:30
Big Twin

hey no worries mate.

Good luck to you too Kev.... and say Hi to Simon from me.
Old 05-May-2006, 21:20
MotoGP God

Just had a chat with Dallas, at last we have got rid of the misfire, just didn't expect the engine oil to blow past the seals on the clutch pushrod, getting some on the back wheel and giving Dallas a fright. Still Catch tray was emptied rear wheel & tyre changed and new O-rings fitted to the push rod, then it was back out on track for another confidence building session, only problem this time was scraping the bellypan at the old hairpin, so rideheight will be checked and set if necessary.
Dallas decided to give the rest of the evening a miss and took the bike down and got it scrutineered ready for tomorrow.
He was just off to visit Garry Smith and try and find out what settings Garry is using for rideheight and gearing.
Hopefully when I get there tomorrow eveing everybody and their bikes will still be in one piece
Old 07-May-2006, 23:40
MotoGP God

Quick update
Dallas finished 7th and 8th today, Garry Smith didn't get to race as his bike looks as if its blown a head gasket.
As for me, I had a 14th and a 16th overall which translated into to 5th places in Mintwins dispite me having to ride a bike that handled worse than my old Kwak H1F.
Old 08-May-2006, 00:21
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally posted by skidlids
Quick update
Dallas finished 7th and 8th today, Garry Smith didn't get to race as his bike looks as if its blown a head gasket.
As for me, I had a 14th and a 16th overall which translated into to 5th places in Mintwins dispite me having to ride a bike that handled worse than my old Kwak H1F.

Top work Skids - you are club racing personified - Tim
Old 08-May-2006, 07:33
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Well done Dallas, & I am sure you will sort the handling out Kev.

Chris.
Old 08-May-2006, 10:29
Big Twin

Excellent stuff from both of you lads ...

Was he happy with the Duc then ?

You need a nice little Ohlins mate

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit