Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 17-Feb-2005, 16:57
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally posted by beancounter
Lord Rattler,

I'm beginning to think you may not have staff at all.........

...........it's 'sous-chef' not 'soux chef' !

It can be either - don't you know, what what!!!

But I thought things were a bit strange when he came to work wearing warpaint and weilding a tomahawk to carve the venison!!!

Must speak to the maitre de or head chef about this though, my employment policy has gone awry!!!!

I knew that my new head of HR wasn't all he was cracked up to be!!!

Tim
Old 17-Feb-2005, 17:21
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Tim the idea of getting a aftermarket shock is to alter the ride height not many ways you can go about solving this issue without a longer shock, or maybe a shorter one with a adapter made to fit at either frame or swingarm end
Old 17-Feb-2005, 17:39
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by skidlids
Tim the idea of getting a aftermarket shock is to alter the ride height not many ways you can go about solving this issue without a longer shock, or maybe a shorter one with a adapter made to fit at either frame or swingarm end

Blimey - so what about a ride-height adjuster? Can't you just get a longer one of these, or will the standard shock not take it?

Tim
Old 17-Feb-2005, 18:02
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Quote:
Originally posted by Rattler
Quote:

Blimey - so what about a ride-height adjuster? Can't you just get a longer one of these, or will the standard shock not take it?

Tim

Cor Blimey and who'd have thought it. An old pipe and slippers ST owner being able to contribute technical advice to a race series

Obviously, it depends what bike you're running in the series. I don't know about the SS, but for all you 620 monster competitors and the earlier 600's I think, remember that the chassis of the little 'uns is almost identical to the big 'uns and also to the ST.

So, if you get yourself a ride height adjuster from an ST, it will fit your 620 Monster. You can then wind the rear ride height up to your hearts content. At one stage, I had the back end of my ST wound up to the point where the centre stand didn't touch the ground anymore, so I'm sure there is enough adjustment there for most people.

Officially, they say not to have too much thread showing on the rose joints at each end, but I had loads of thread extended and never had a problem.
Old 17-Feb-2005, 18:16
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by Jools
Quote:
Originally posted by Rattler
Quote:

Tim

Cor Blimey and who'd have thought it. An old pipe and slippers ST owner being able to contribute technical advice to a race series

Obviously, it depends what bike you're running in the series. I don't know about the SS, but for all you 620 monster competitors and the earlier 600's I think, remember that the chassis of the little 'uns is almost identical to the big 'uns and also to the ST.

So, if you get yourself a ride height adjuster from an ST, it will fit your 620 Monster. You can then wind the rear ride height up to your hearts content. At one stage, I had the back end of my ST wound up to the point where the centre stand didn't touch the ground anymore, so I'm sure there is enough adjustment there for most people.

Officially, they say not to have too much thread showing on the rose joints at each end, but I had loads of thread extended and never had a problem.

Jools - your input is always welcomed, just don't spedn too long in this section as you're being watched !!!!

If all I need is an adjustable ride-height adjuster, why is Kev talking about swapping the expensive shock to get more ride height? Does the older shock not have the range in it for greater height?

Tim
Old 17-Feb-2005, 18:31
500SD

Mood: Must fix Superlight... Must fix Superlight...
'Cos the SS doesn't have ride height adjustment and could do with being up to 25mm longer.

Darren
Old 17-Feb-2005, 19:32
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by FiscusFish
'Cos the SS doesn't have ride height adjustment and could do with being up to 25mm longer.

Darren

At the risk of appearing even more stoopid - why can't you fit an adjustable ride height adjuster to a SS?

Tim:
Old 17-Feb-2005, 21:46
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

OK, I have asked a top suspension friend of mine how much to sort the forks out, he reckons about £250, but will give me an accurate figure once he's talked to suppliers. This would include new cartidges, springs, blah, blah.

Also, on the rear shock front, at present the manufacturer doesn't make one specifically for the Ducati 600/620, so I will send them the standard shock and ask them to build in ride height adjustment and remote reservoir etc. to the pukka race unit. Will also get back to you on the price.

Who is seriously interested?

[Edited on 17-2-2005 by domskidue]
Old 17-Feb-2005, 21:47
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by domskidue
rear shock front

That's why I'm not a mechanic
Old 18-Feb-2005, 00:10
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
Hi Domski,

Definitely interested if it comes in under £250. Much more and you're into Ohlins territory. I'd be just as happy to run a 900 showa with some type of ride height adjustment if anyone can work out a solution....

Cheers,

Ali