Ducati Sporting Club UK
Ducati Insurance - Questions and Answers!
This section allows you to ask questions about insurance directly to Ducati Insurance and receive a reply!

Old 26-Jan-2005, 23:26
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
insurance and 2 stolen ktm\'s

my mate had his garage broken into on friday night and lost 2 6 months old ktm 250's and all his riding gear. he was wqell pee'd off as you'd expect but thought he would be covered by his house insurance

WRONG !!!!!!!!!!!!!

They've paid him out £1500 for just under £10k's worth of bikes and over a k's worth of gear. the insurers wont pay out properly as rich didnt specify what make and value his bike was when he got his house insurance and they wont pay for lee's bike as thats lees risk by leaving his bike in a mates garage, ba**ards

so make sure you guys with track bikes are all suitably covered for all bikes and gear you keep where scum could find it

p.s. if you hear of 2 stolen 04 ktm's please let me know

deej
Old 26-Jan-2005, 23:57
Big Twin

Bugger Deej
thank god my gear is all Insured

sorry to here about your mates misfortune and I hope they catch the sods.
Old 27-Jan-2005, 11:48
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
Hmmm. Big assumption that house insurance is going to cover vehicles, plus the guy using the garage should have made sure his own insurance covered his bike.

I feel for them as it's a crap thing to happen, but you can't really blame the insurance people for only paying out what they have. I think they're lucky to get £1500 to be honest...
Old 27-Jan-2005, 12:20
500SD
Bikes: ST4S

hang 'em in the town square, then drag 'em to Dakar behind some big KTM's
Old 27-Jan-2005, 15:49
500SD
Bikes: multistrada, 748R/916

Mood: one very coool cat!
seems no matter what you do these days some b*stid wants to spoil your life-had mine garaged until the garages came under attack - it was 5-10 mins walk away from where i live so used to park it in my lounge most of the time - luckily i have big double door to house and my wife is understanding. hope your mate gets them back.
Old 30-Jan-2005, 17:16
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
we think we know where they are but its a big localish drug den type place and the police dont want to know, typical eh ???

richards house was also away from his garage, it was the reason i didnt buy a house up there last year, i couldnt cope with my grage being so far from my house, for a house worth 150k i want my garage alongside me

the insurers knew he ahd motocross bikes in there but they didnt ask for any details, just said yeah its covered