Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 07-Jan-2010, 17:27
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
I recall a Pembrey meet where they were a fair bit higher than that John

Poor WJB found out the hard way

True-but then he was the one who set the pressures-or rather didn't check them.....................3 times he chucked it down the road that weekend-first race meeting-talk about a baptism of fire.

John

Growing old-disgracefully!
Old 07-Jan-2010, 22:32
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty
True-but then he was the one who set the pressures-or rather didn't check them.....................3 times he chucked it down the road that weekend-first race meeting-talk about a baptism of fire.

John

That has to have been one of the worst meetings ever. Sleeping in a puddle in a tent. Strong winds throwing peoples gazebo's down the paddock. Rain and dry in the same race. Slicks or inters or wets. You working half the night to fix the bike. Holbeach changing to the inters tyres and as I now know, he always over-inflates to get the tyre to seal properly, but some idiot (me) tried to make a change 30 seconds before the race and didn't check and after falling off at the fast right hander checked to find the tyres at 45psi. To be fair the other off was on oil and I was not the only one to go down on it. Can't recall the third off, maybe that's a good thing. That was a long drive home eh

Happy days

WeeJohnyB
Old 10-Jun-2011, 16:55
Mille
Bikes: 750ss Monster 750,Monster S4

Mood: happy
for years i ran 32-33 in the rear of my S4 and m750 and 30 in the front but recently have been putting 34-35 in the rear and 31-32 in the front and it has improved both bikes ,they turn in and hold lines much better.