Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 07-Aug-2006, 10:17
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Last Time At Brands for P F Chili

Maybe not the way Number 7 wanted to go out racing wise but a fitting Tribute at Brands yesterday to Frankie. Can't think of many other riders that would get a cheer from the crowd while dead last after a ride through penalty.
A lap of Honour in the Open topped A4 was a nice touch.

Maybe he has a special place in Brtisih fans hearts for being the man who tried to stick on on Foggy!! Any Italian who calls his kids Kevin and Tracy has some sort of strange affinity with the UK!!

In recent years the highpoint was 2004, on the 998r sticking one over on the factory 999s from time to time, especially at Misano. Also at brands riding like a man possessed in the two parter to get on the podium.

Ray
Old 07-Aug-2006, 12:21
500SD

Mood: Smiles
Yeah was shame see him penalised as much as that for soemthing he didn't mean to do, couple secs wait would have been better, nice to see him do a lap of honour but very sad to not to see him race again. Shame that
Old 07-Aug-2006, 21:29
500SD

We met Frankie at Imola in 2002, he had, had an awful weekend (the weekend on the Edwards Bayliss season finale).

On the Sunday evening a few beers were being had and I mentioned that my girlfriend had seen him at Monza that year.

FC Where is your girlfriend?

MP At home.

FC What is her number? I call her. Why she no come to see me race???

Incredibly he phoned her and asked her, the Frankie screen stickers on the bike are his and the titanium clutch cover in my office came from him.

Simply a lovely bloke who loves to race, when he says goodbye at Imola...............................

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit