Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 19-Jul-2004, 18:49
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
powercommander pc111usb

Who actually got these fitted to their 999, and where was it mounted on the bike please?

I know its quite a simple fit, inline connection with the electrics going into the airbox. Just wondered where youve put the box, visible or not?
Old 19-Jul-2004, 20:59
Big Twin

Mood: My K5 Rocks !!!!
Andy.... the pc box velcro's to the battery on the left hand side of the bike...its very simple to fit and is not visible.
Old 19-Jul-2004, 21:21
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
was that by choice or, dont you need access to it ever?
Old 19-Jul-2004, 22:28
Big Twin

Mood: My K5 Rocks !!!!
You dont have much choice.... the lead is just the right length to fit that side...you can gain access by removing left hand fairing.... hope this helps
Old 20-Jul-2004, 21:11
Mille

Andy - I've got one of these and a PowerCommander quickshifter fitted on mine. If you fancy a trip down to the Cotswolds to take a look you're welcome. Bike's not going anywhere at the moment though until I sort a few things out following my "off" at Cadwell last week!
Old 21-Jul-2004, 10:53
Mille

Mood: In danger of scaring myself
How is the thing wired up, you say wiring goes into the airbox? Once mounted by the battery, I thought it simply connected into the main loom. Would be nice to know where it connects exactly as my loom has been modded after the alarm (META) was installed, though the injection system area of it seems untouched. I have the 54mm termi system and ECU fitted. What are the likely gains if I strap this electrical marvel to the bike !!
Old 21-Jul-2004, 15:18
Mille

The PCIII is attached by velcro to the RHS of the battery near the top. An earth cable then attaches directly to the battery. You then feed the connectors through to the other side of the bike underneath the airbox. Looking from the right hand side of the bike (with the bodywork off!! ) you will see a round connector on the underside of the airbox near the front. You simply disconnect the bikes loom via this connector attach this to the PCIII loom and plug the whole thing back into the socket in the airbox. It's as simple as that. The whole process took about 15 minutes most of which was spent trying to fit my XL hands into a less than XL gap to fit the connector! As a tip - I found I was able to gain a bit more working space by loosening the jubilee clip on the breather hose and removing if for a few minutes.

As for how much more power who knows?! I was due to take the 749s to be set up at PDQ Motorcycle Developments but the bikes still going nowhere following Cadwell! Will report once it's been put through it's paces in a few weeks time (4 weeks waiting list for dynos)
Old 22-Jul-2004, 17:27
Mille

My pc3 is mounted on the rh side of the bike, not on the battery.

The loom was extended to allow this fitting.

It was felt that the pc3 was very exposed to damage when mounted on the battery.