Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 16-Nov-2004, 23:20
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
Slip-on exhaust question...

I've been in contact with Paul at http:\\www.ducatinine.net about his WSB replica slip-on exhaust:

I was a bit worried about the fact that if you only fit the slip-on can there would still be a cat in the front downpipe. This is what he had to say:

Quote:
I have the racefit exhuats fitted to my 749 and have not had a problem - we have run test on the dyno and the fact is that the Cat in the front pipe is so small that it makes little or no difference - as far as we are concerned you can
just fit the end can and leave things as they are - if I was to be picky, the C02 could do with a minor adjustment but
as stated the difference is negligible.
If you remain concerned about the front Cat - it is possible to purchse a CAT free downpipe from Ducati for a reasonable
amount of money (around £100 I think) which is why we elected not to try and do one ourselves - I will be adding this and many other items to the site soon

It all sounds reasonable, but I wondered what you knowledgeable guys reckoned? £600 is a tempting price...
Old 17-Nov-2004, 10:02
GTL

Mood: going for a ride...
Or you could buy just a termi endcan from an Asymetric system , the carbon cover for it and a pair of hi-flo air filters for about the same price

All the individual parts of termi exhaust systems can be bought individually from a Ducati dealer , just ask
Old 17-Nov-2004, 11:54
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
Ah, didn't realise that! Very good point. Worth considering...
Old 17-Nov-2004, 18:46
Big Twin

Mood: r
ive just got my down pipe back from scotty,hes done a top job of de-cat my down pipe, ive gone for the termi slip on option as it was more in my price bracket.see my posts under 749 for info of part numbers mate
Old 23-Nov-2004, 23:53
Mille

Mood: jolly chap
Hello mate , i have one of the cans from Racefit, and they are fantastic sounds better than most on the market excellent quality and very easy to fit, i run mine with the cat in the front pipe and it is fine she breaths a lot better more response, and not silly money, i have some pics, email me
Regards Phillip Mace OBBC