Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 01-Jun-2005, 21:22
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
My brakes - still waiting...

Just to let you all know that I've still got no resolution from Ducati regarding the accident on my 749S when the brakes seized

The accident was 18th Feb, coming up to 4 months ago

I have a solicitor on the case, and both my finance company and Ducati claim to be waiting on a report from Brembo following analysis of my brakes which were sent to them before Easter. Does it really take over 10 weeks to write a report on a front braking system? If one brake disc turns blue and one stays silver, how can that NOT be a mechanical failure of some kind? Why is no-one (dealer, finance company, Ducati UK and the Ducati factory itself) not looking after their customer but trying to make sure "I'm alright Jack"? Does no-one else think brake problems on a 150mph+ motorcycles, where multiple cases have been reported, is a serious issue?

I'll keep you guys posted when I get any further with this. In the meantime, keep an eye on your brakes!!!
Old 01-Jun-2005, 21:29
Mille

Mood: 1098s...oh yes
Keep sending the same e-mail ( hourly) to who ever responsilble at Ducati Uk, until they create some positive waves!
Old 01-Jun-2005, 21:34
500SD

Mood: Sad my Membership icon has gone:(
Quote:
Originally posted by Twinfan
Just to let you all know that I've still got no resolution from Ducati regarding the accident on my 749S when the brakes seized

The accident was 18th Feb, coming up to 4 months ago

I have a solicitor on the case, and both my finance company and Ducati claim to be waiting on a report from Brembo following analysis of my brakes which were sent to them before Easter. Does it really take over 10 weeks to write a report on a front braking system? If one brake disc turns blue and one stays silver, how can that NOT be a mechanical failure of some kind? Why is no-one (dealer, finance company, Ducati UK and the Ducati factory itself) not looking after their customer but trying to make sure "I'm alright Jack"? Does no-one else think brake problems on a 150mph+ motorcycles, where multiple cases have been reported, is a serious issue?

I'll keep you guys posted when I get any further with this. In the meantime, keep an eye on your brakes!!!

It's a joke mate.

I have said it before you must have the patience of a saint, I would be banging on the doors at DUK in Milton keynes by now.

Good luck.
Old 01-Jun-2005, 21:37
Big Twin

Disgusting.

DUK, pull your finger out!
Old 01-Jun-2005, 22:51
Big Twin

Would I be right in saying this is the registered Company address for Ducati UK, or is it a very similar sounding aka:
DUCATI U.K. LIMITED
165 QUEEN VICTORIA STREET
LONDON
EC4V 4DD
Company No. 03871825

Shouldn't be too much effort to find the directors names/numbers etcetera.

4 months y'say?
Old 01-Jun-2005, 23:25
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by guest1
Would I be right in saying this is the registered Company address for Ducati UK, or is it a very similar sounding aka:
DUCATI U.K. LIMITED
165 QUEEN VICTORIA STREET
LONDON
EC4V 4DD
Company No. 03871825

Shouldn't be too much effort to find the directors names/numbers etcetera.

4 months y'say?

ps. Ducati UK are also members of the MCI, so should arbitration be required:
Arbitration at MCI

Anyone else had dealings with the MCI??
Old 02-Jun-2005, 00:19
Mille

Mood: FIVE!!!!Guess We'll Keep It
When i found that 4 flaking rockers had screwed up a camshaft on my 748r,I spoke to Andy Johnson/Joynson at DUK and he was really helpful to the point of DUK stumping up for the cam and rockers (even though the bike was out of warranty but with DUK service history)Might be worthwile giving him a call at DUK and seeing what he has to say about it.
Haven't got the 'R' now,got a '04 749 Dark,so have been watching this post closely.
Cleaned and stripped my calipers and pads a couple of weeks ago and would have to say the design of the calipers lends itself to muck/crap whatever collecting.But after a good degrease and some copper grease,they are back to their best again!!
Hope you get a result soon as 4 months is taking the p@ss.
But I waited 2 months for Ducati Italy to do a production run on camshafts!

Hang in there and don't give up,i did think of going back to a Jap bike but in the end i couldn't,just love the noise and image(dont like the service costs but Woods in Abergele are fantastic and friendly)

Pete
Old 02-Jun-2005, 01:34
500SD

Mood: 2 for 1 mmm :)
Twin that really bad m8, i dunno how you've managed to stay calm.

Come on Ducati Uk, pull your finger out if your reading these boards please and look after your customers.

/ian
Old 02-Jun-2005, 09:50
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
Quote:
Cleaned and stripped my calipers and pads a couple of weeks ago and would have to say the design of the calipers lends itself to muck/crap whatever collecting

Interesting, Pete. So if you don't do your own spannering (as I don't) and you follow the service schedule as described by Ducati, then it sounds like you're at risk of this muck/crap collecting and problems occuring.

Hmmmmmmm.........
Old 02-Jun-2005, 09:54
everton

Yes, I really think 4 months is pushing anyone's patience.

Out of interest how old was the bike when the brakes seized? Could it be rejected as not being fit for use - Sale of Goods Act? In which case the dealer has to take responsibility.

The address I have for Ducati UK is -

Avebury House
201-249 Avebury Boulevard
Milton Keynes MK9 1AU

If you can afford the time I would ring them on 0845 1222 996 and get a meeting set up with their Aftersales Manager or even the MD - take all your paperwork and don't take NO for an answer.

Also find out who your Area Aftersales Manager is and contact him/her.

The guy down here in the south is a top bloke and sorted a warranty job on my front Ohlins with no drama whatsoever!

[Edited on 2-6-2005 by everton]