Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 12-Aug-2005, 13:59
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
Lining up Termis/seat unit on Monos?

I got my bike back on Wednesday and I've had termis fitted, but the rear seat unit "point" on my mono seat doesn't point to middle of the termi box. It's a bit wonky. Can they be adjusted, or is the fit a bit lousy anyway?
Old 12-Aug-2005, 14:18
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Is it the seat that's out or the termi's?

The seat is only held in by four bolts, two on the sides and two underneath, I don't know about yours but my R can have the seat/tank etc in 3 different positions via the side bolts, the underside ones just locate in a slot, maybe just undo them and push/pull the seat until it's correct.

But it could be the pipes that are out, did the subframe get bent in your off?
Old 12-Aug-2005, 14:50
Big Twin

I can't decide if it's the seat that's out or not. The pipes seem pretty solid to be honest, so I can't really tell. Now you mention it, the rear tail did hit the ground when the bike went over, and I think the way it's not lined up would match with the subframe being bent to the nearside.

Mind you, if the subframe was bent surely the Termis and/or the seat wouldn't fit properly? It all fits OK, just a bit wonky...
Old 12-Aug-2005, 14:54
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Make sure the pin in the rear part of the seat unit is correctly seated in the rubber grommet.Its very easy for the pin to push out the grommet while refitting the seat.
The grommet is on the subframe just above the Termi box.
I use a little grease on the grommet to help the pin to slide in easier.....(ooer missus! )
Old 12-Aug-2005, 14:59
Big Twin

Cheers Keefy. I'll check it out over the weekend. By the way, what poition do you guys have your seat/tank in? Front, middle or back?
Old 12-Aug-2005, 15:03
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
I run mine at the front now, as far forward as possible, bit cramped as I'm just a tad over 6ft tall, but it keeps more weight over the front wheel, well that's my thinking anyway.
Old 12-Aug-2005, 15:10
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally posted by JPM
I run mine at the front now, as far forward as possible, bit cramped as I'm just a tad over 6ft tall, but it keeps more weight over the front wheel, well that's my thinking anyway.
I'm over 6' too.I did'nt like the cramped feeling I got on the front position,so moved it back to the middle.
Works for me.
Old 12-Aug-2005, 15:15
Big Twin

Cheers. I'm assuming mine is on the middle as I've never changed it, but I have a tendency to lean back a bit while I'm riding. I think I'll try it on the front one and see how I get on.
Old 12-Aug-2005, 16:21
Mille

Mood: On the mend!
Don't talk to me about fitting zorsts! I'm having a nightmare refitting mine. Cant get anything to line up. Thought it might help loosening the header pipe on the front cylinder but one of the bolts wont budge and is now a little rounded. Waiting for the skin on my knuckles to grow back before I have another go. (No they don't drag on the floor)

Anyone passing jcn 23 of the M5 this weekend feel free to pop in and help!
Old 12-Aug-2005, 17:52
Mille

Mood: Need spares
I had the same trouble last weekend. I ended up using some washers as spacers in between the subframe and backend of the exhaust to align it better.