Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 09-May-2006, 16:35
Mille

Mood: Beige.....
999R oil cooler / head protection.

Even though I’m selling her, (or attempting to) - the low mileage warrants it. I figured I’d try and protect vulnerable areas by doing something I’ve done with all of my bikes that have an oil coiler situated at the front, in front of the wheel. After noticing how close the oil cooler runs, as does the front facing cylinder I decided to add some protection. Aluminium mesh used for fibre glass bodywork can be bent to shape and sealed in place with some general purpose sealant, (similar to the bathroom stuff). If you ever want to remove it, you can pull it off and pick away the old stuff.

The oil cooler should still be sufficiently porous enough to allow cool air to flow, I’ve never had problems with my K4 GSXR1000 and I thought that thing ran warm without it installed.

Originally I just added it to the oil cooler, but unlike my 916 the front facing cylinder sits quite far behind the V-Piece. So I extended the cover up over that too. Should hopefully prevent any debris working it’s way towards that plug housing at least.

Make sure it's clear of any large road debris as it could possibly starve cool air to the oil cooler filaments.

See photo’s.

http://static.flickr.com/50/143465480_ff72ef56f3_o.jpg
http://static.flickr.com/45/143465458_5f05deccb9_o.jpg

[Edited on 9-5-2006 by desmobob]

[Edited on 9-5-2006 by desmobob]