Ducati Sporting Club UK
Rideouts, Meets and other Events
Details of various meetings, rideouts and events that are not Ducati specific.

Old 21-Nov-2004, 16:56
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
minimoto magic

just this week i treated myself to a minimoto, early xmas present to myself and what a present, great fun and surprisingly not that uncomfy

was out on it in the rain sliding around, getting my knee down ( with the missus gardening knee pads on hee hee ) and general all round fun, oh and the smell of two stroke mmmm

only problem is the pull cord takes ages to start it and well guess what ive broke the pull cord already but today have found the ideal cure to this problem so if any of you have 1 or are thinking of getting 1 for the kids for xmas heres what to do

remove the fairing s and take the pull cord cover off the side of bike, unscrew the bolt holding the pull string in and remove. grab a drill and drill a hole about 20mm in the centre of cover where the bolt would go. now your probably wondering how to start it a sthe pull cord wont stay in place and heres the magic bit ..................... put a 8mm socket into your drill and place onto bolt in middle of starting paddles and use drill....... hey presto starts first time everytime no more messing around with the silly cord. my mates are proper jealous and are now all going home to wreck their cords up, anyone want any photos let me know or if you want a bike i can get them for £190.00 plus p&p i have 4 people so far and need another 2 to get the minimum order of 6 in

cheers

deej
Old 22-Nov-2004, 15:16
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

cant really see from your avatar Deej....pics please - lol as it says below...
Old 22-Nov-2004, 19:21
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
That works on bigger strokers as well Deej-trouble is you need a special socket with a freewheel otherwise when the engine starts the drill, and probably you, get flung across the pit-leastways that's what happens with a GP250-80bhp will do that for you.

John

[Edited on 22-11-2004 by Monty]
Old 22-Nov-2004, 19:31
Big Twin

Mood: Waiting for the change (Not the menopause)
Oh I can just see it now.....