DSC & Ducati Events
Local, national & worldwide Ducati related event notices

Old 28-Feb-2012, 18:54
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 996 1 & only Class C DD Champion and KTM LC8 950 SMR

Mood: It's not big, Its not funny, It's necessary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionicle
It does not cost anything to spectate on a track day, so just pop along and chat to the guys in the paddocks.

Rubbish.. It ends up costing a fortune. You start watching, you get the trackday bug then you go racing..

Craig
Old 28-Feb-2012, 20:10
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbyte666
Rubbish.. It ends up costing a fortune. You start watching, you get the trackday bug then you go racing..

Craig

LOL
Old 02-Mar-2012, 09:52
Bikes: Ducati 999s, Kawasaki ZX7r, Kawasaki KX250

Honest view

Hi guys

newbie Ducati owner...... How nuts are these track days? And are the groups respected?

I'm coming at it from the other perspective - I'm only interested in building my knowledge of my new 'bike; not getting buzzed in the middle of a load of wannabee racers, or t-boned by some idiot with more bravado than skill. Are the track days just a cheap practice day for racers (if so I'll come watch) or is it a track day for road riders who want to scrap the odd knee slider in relative safety?

thanks

Paul
Old 02-Mar-2012, 10:29

....oh and noise testing of course

.....999s with Termi. Will it pass?

ta

Paul
Old 02-Mar-2012, 10:32
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Thumbs up

The DSC Trackdays are actually *very* friendly because we are a Club and have a mutual passion for Ducatis. This brings a lot more respect between the riders than you would fine on your average (anonymous) trackday.

We run the usual format of trackday, except that it is Ducati only. There will be some very fast guys out on the track in the fast group, but to be honest these racers/ex-racers are much safer than you would give them credit for!

The day is run by Club MSV, so normal trackday rules will apply - ride like an idiot and you'll be out. Too fast and you move up, too slow and you move down. Our day tend to be a bit slower than your average trackday anyway, as we like to encourage first time trackday riders into our Novice group as an introduction to both Ducatis and Trackdays.

We also have a good atmosphere in the paddock and there will always be someone to help you if you need a hand with anything.

If you're going to dip your toe into trackdays on a Ducati then the DSC days are probably the best you can get!

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 02-Mar-2012, 10:33
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by mileypau
.....999s with Termi. Will it pass?

It's a "noisy" 105dB day, so you shouldn't have any problems.

We've had a lot louder get out on the track before, including a genuine Desmosedici GP05 ex-Capirossi race bike

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 02-Mar-2012, 10:35
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 996 1 & only Class C DD Champion and KTM LC8 950 SMR

Mood: It's not big, Its not funny, It's necessary
Hi Paul, In the main the DSC days or where the majority of bikes are DSC Ducati's there tends to be much more respect on the track, mainly because no one wants to chuck an expensive Ducati down the road.
Yes there will be a few DD racers out there but they will go in the fast group and if anything the racers are safer to be around on track than most as they know what they are doing. You could start in the Novice group and if you feel that you have progressed you can move into the inters later on in the day. At these events there are always instructors going round keeping an eye out for prats and normaly the rule is one warning then your off the track , go home for bad track riding.

Craig
Old 02-Mar-2012, 10:47

Thanks guys

...appreciated....see you there.

Been round Cadwell once before on the K******i Performance Bikes '90s evening a couple of years back.

Lots rave about it as a track, but to be honest the Mountain holds no thrills, bit of an oddity, but hammering up and around Charlies is joyous.

My riding a bit rusty, but the first ride on my 999s - wow. First time on really good suspension and brakes. Feels way more than 10 years of progress vs the ZX7. Realise how tired that bike was getting.

Paul
Old 02-Mar-2012, 13:09
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
Paul,

I think the others have covered most of the points, another good aspect of the day is that if you want a little advice and tuition there are always instructors willing to show you round and then follow you, followed by a chat in the paddocks on how to improve your riding or not depending on how you do, its a great day out not just for the riders but the family as well, everyone is friendly and helpful and in the novice group you go at your own pace until you learn the track and your ability's, as its an all Ducati day your not going to have wanabe racers on R1s etc blasting past you or cutting you up, lots of guys willing to give good advice on tire pressure's, gears etc so come along introduce yourself and have a great day and go home with a smile on your face.

Paul
Old 02-Mar-2012, 16:19

Booked....thanks for all the tips.

See you all soon enough......

Paul