Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 25-Oct-2005, 17:48
Cucciolo
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse

Mood: Waiting for the revolution!
I said no cos I hate the guy. Always blames the bike for any errors. Has no confidence at all now. Should have been at the front this year given the bike he has but is 7th I think.

Get someone else - Stoner, Ellison, Shakey, hell Checa has done pretty damn good aswell...
Old 25-Oct-2005, 17:54
Big Twin

Mood: is it the weekend yet??
Its a crazy decision if they do, I can't see what he brings to Ducati ( other than the personal sponsorship money they may need), he's not likely to win that many races, isn't the kind of rider that draws fans to the brand or gets on with the press. Its madness if they do, they should go for an up and coming rider like Marco , Tony Elias ,Pedrose/Stoner. A brand like Ducati needs riders they can make heroes of on the bikes. Can't see Sete ever doing that even if he is winning.

Maybe someone should point Ducati's marketing team to this thread before they sign on the dotted line.....
Old 25-Oct-2005, 18:30
DSC Membership Sec. & BHCN R.O.
Webteam
Big Twin
Bikes: None at the moment

Mood: Feeling old...
Ducati need someone with experience, someone who knows what it takes to win at the highest level, and win conisitently, and what a race winning bike is like.

No-one measures up to Rossi, but (in my opinion) Ducati need someone experienced to steer them in the right direction at this stage, rather than a youngster high on enthusiasm but lacking experience.

And for what it's worth - I can't stand the bloke either

[Edited on 25-10-2005 by Urban996]
Old 25-Oct-2005, 18:43
Mille

Mood: :-0
This guy certainly doesn't appear to have many fans. I know he has the experience, but then again he does tend to whinge a bit/lot.

Ducati needs someone with good PR.

How about Biaggi
Old 25-Oct-2005, 19:19
500SD

psychologically . . .

Rossi has nearly everyone beaten before the weekend starts.

Whilst Rossi is worried about where the camera is going to be placed on his bike - everyone else seems preoccupied with what VR is going to spring upon them in the race - rather than the task in hand!!!

Gib is a spent force, he hasnt won a race in well over 12 months, always crashes, is not a team player and blames the bike, or other riders "aggressive" (ha) manoevers at every opportunity to compensate for his lack of performance.

Maybe he should be in a team, where teamwork is the style of business - with Honda and Ducati - its all about the PR & the bike - Gib lacks confidence in himself, the bike and the team - to renew his efforts, maybe he should try someone different - Suzuki or Kawasaki for example.

I think he will be a waste of money for Ducati - Loris is far far better - mentally - probably the toughest out there.

I am a BIG Rossi fan - he is ace, has the most amount of fun and absolutely loves what he does - his enthusiasm is infectious - nobody comes close.

Next season he will be the man to beat - sure he will not win every race - that would be boring - but 11/16 + nearly double the number of points on 2nd position - with one more race to go - so far - there is and will be no competition in 2006 - you would be a fool to bet against him!!!

He has one thing that only a very few other riders have - humility.

Vermulen will be the surprise package next year - I think - I like Chris - again - he really enjoys what he does and is a team player - obviously - Marco and Hayden will feature heavily - and with so many other newbie's on the block - its going to be another great season.

Call it a day Gibernau - Biaggi - Checa (even though he has done really well recently) Barros etc etc - let the new kids show you the way!!!

Roll on 2006 + 2007 (800cc) - fantastic!!!!

Khushy

[Edited on 25-10-2005 by khushy]
Old 25-Oct-2005, 19:26
BSB Star

Mood: All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
Quote:
Originally posted by Urban996
Ducati need someone experienced to steer them in the right direction at this stage, rather than a youngster high on enthusiasm but lacking experience.

They've got someone - Capirossi. On his day he can be every bit as fast and hard charging as the other "Rossi". He's been with the team from the start and obviously had a big hand in developing the bike. Leave him where he is and allow a youngster to benefit from his experience, not only of the bike, but winning.

Personally I would absolutely bloody love to see Vermuelen on the bike. now that would be a sight to see!

Ducati Corse, if you are listening, looks like Gibbo ain't got many fans on this island!
Old 25-Oct-2005, 19:39
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Sete Gibernau or should that be Shitty Gibberish - cos that's what his incessant petulance and whinging sounds like to me.

even before he opens his mouth he's doing things like inspecting the tyres and trying to signal to the world that there was something up with his bike. He doesn't win races even on top machinery and just makes excuses all the time

As for coaching a younger rider and bringing them on...Two things to that, First I don't think his ego would let him. Second, did you see the way he stomped into his pit in Turkey, sulking all the way? What sort of role model will he be then?

I could go on, and on about why I don't like him, but apart from that he's a top geezer
Old 25-Oct-2005, 19:49
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
Quote:
Originally posted by khushy
He has one thing that only a very few other riders have - humility.

Remember, it's easy to be humble when you're winning!
Old 25-Oct-2005, 19:50
BSB Star

Mood: All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
Quote:
Originally posted by JoolsAs for coaching a younger rider and bringing them on...

I didn't mean Gibbon bringing on a youngster, I meant Capirex!!!

F*** me, as you say all The Gibbon could teach him would be 99 ways to throw his teddies out the pram, and 101 ways how to spit your dummy!
Old 25-Oct-2005, 20:06
500SD

Mood: PENSO POSITIVO....SEMPRE!!
Italians don't like GIBERNAU.....

I am with them being one.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit