Ducati Sporting Club UK
Private Adverts
Use this forum for all private adverts. You must have been a registered member on this board for at least 14 days before you are allowed to post.

Old 14-Jun-2004, 10:20
Big Twin
Bikes: 996 race bike

Mood: Almost over it.
AGV Helmets - Experiences?

I'm in the market for a new helmet as mine is getting a bit long in the tooth.

I've always had an Arai (well apart from the HJC I bought when I first started riding) and have been pretty happy with them.

So I'll be primarily looking at Arais and Shoeis to purchase.

I was wondering if anyone had comments or experience with AGV helmets. If they're good enough for Rossi are they good enough for me? Do they last well? Are they light & quiet?

Obviously I'll try a few on before buying, but I just wanted to know whether I should broaden by brand allegiance and include AGV.

Anyone happen to know any helmet sales on at the moment? :-)

Cheers
Phill
Old 14-Jun-2004, 10:57
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: I'm so happyyyyyyyyyyyy
Had an AGV for a long time, very good, much quieter that the Arai, if a bit on the heavy side. That was a while ago and all their new shells don't fit my head so I am back in the Aria camp.

Rgds, Rob
Old 14-Jun-2004, 14:00
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Always stuck with AGV's cos Arai's and Shoei's just don't seem to fit me snugly. Got an AGV V-flyer now and it's very light and comfy, not the most quiet lid I've ever had but I've had MUCH worse. You wanna try a Rossi rep Ti-Tech!
Old 14-Jun-2004, 14:13
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
The Ti-Tech ones are supposed to be quite light - lighter than the older ones anyway, not sure how they compare to the lates Arai's ...

I've got an Arai now and my old Rossi rep was SO much quieter it's not funny! I'm amazed at how loud my Arai is in comparison.
Old 14-Jun-2004, 14:36
Big Twin

Mood: Diet
i think that the fit is the most important factor. BTW shoei's seem to have at least two shell shapes.

In the XR1000 i am a medium in the X-Spirit I need an extra large.

Rob
Old 15-Jun-2004, 14:32
Bevel Head

Mood: Neutral - but only maybe. 1994 Duc 916S1, 2006 Duc Sportclassic 1000 Sport
Used to use Shoei until a couple of years ago when I changed to AGV. Echo the comments of rob and tp that they are far quieter than Shoeis. Also find the fit much better but suppose thet depends on the shape of your head
Old 15-Jun-2004, 17:22
Mille

Mood: FIVE!!!!Guess We'll Keep It
Had a shoei a few years back ,was a bit awkward getting iridium visors for and was quite noisy.Since that was up for renewal i have only used AGV's(mainly down to my local dealer giving me a decent discount on them,helps to know one of the lads in the clothing dept ),can testify that they crash well as i had an off whilst wearing my Rossi Imola rep,totally gutted as it was a limited edition.personally think the top brands are all much of a muchness quality wise,just depends on what deal you can get.
Old 15-Jun-2004, 18:55
Big Twin
Bikes: 996 race bike

Mood: Almost over it.
Thanks everyone! I will certainly factor AGV into the helmet buying equation now.

Cheers
Phill
Old 28-Jun-2004, 20:15
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
I had or should I say still have an agv ti tech. I loved it and still do. Very light being carbon & cevlar shell. You get a bit of noise if you bend your head forward because of the titanium vents. The onll downside I found was that the actual opening is lower on the forehead that my previous helmets, this resticted your vision whilst leant over and trying to look deep into the corner. I trashed the lid at TD2, can't bear to throw it out because it still is a very nice lid.

Jon

[Edited on 28-6-2004 by Jon]
Old 29-Jul-2004, 23:31
500SD

I have always had AGV with one big crash i am still here.

The helmet must fit AGV's fit me Arai and Shoei did not .

I have the new Ti tech Rossi mugello and it is quiter than the x vent with excellent airflow

If Vale got £ 50 for evryone it would still be worth it its great

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit