Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 19-Jul-2012, 23:33

tis a thing of beauty, still sit and stare at mine, especially after ive just cleaned it.
Old 23-Jul-2012, 13:20
500SD

Mood: 900 went 999 gone, Multi came and went, 749 Nero now
Hope you don't mind but played with your pic (little sideline business of mine)

Old 23-Jul-2012, 19:13

paintwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth
Can you ever have too many bikes?????
Hi I'm new to the forum but have owned various ducatis for the last 11 years. I'm waiting on my 1199 arriving (taking for ever) and would just like your thoughts on the paint work, does it scratch easy ? have you fitted the the clear venture sheild to protect it ? do you think it requires it. Most owners I have spoke to at pro twins seem to have this done. I have not done it in the past and have not had any issues with my 998s, 999s and 848 that I have previously owned. I would appreciate any feedback on this point. cheers
Old 24-Jul-2012, 00:25
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Good Mini review by Stealth....

I've recently followed an 1199s for 2500 miles all the way to WDW and back

Gotta say - even though I'll never be able to afford one - I loved it!

The soundtrack in tunnels was a joy, the styling so sexy, its was as good as the scenery and those tail lights daring me ride faster.....

Sorry, its the grappa talking, time for bed!
Old 24-Jul-2012, 09:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo 1199
Hi I'm new to the forum but have owned various ducatis for the last 11 years. I'm waiting on my 1199 arriving (taking for ever) and would just like your thoughts on the paint work, does it scratch easy ? have you fitted the the clear venture sheild to protect it ? do you think it requires it. Most owners I have spoke to at pro twins seem to have this done. I have not done it in the past and have not had any issues with my 998s, 999s and 848 that I have previously owned. I would appreciate any feedback on this point. cheers

Yes the paint does scratch easy, which i pointed out to Ducati who said 'it isn't a warranty issue' WTF !!. I would fit the venture shield stuff if i were you !!
Old 24-Jul-2012, 12:25

Smile venture shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfixer
Yes the paint does scratch easy, which i pointed out to Ducati who said 'it isn't a warranty issue' WTF !!. I would fit the venture shield stuff if i were you !!

Thanks I appreciate the info. Dealer just called 5 mins ago, at last my bike has arrived (can't wait to cane it after running in). I know there are a few reviews on here already but I will leave some feedback on here after I've done a few miles.
Old 24-Jul-2012, 14:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo 1199
Thanks I appreciate the info. Dealer just called 5 mins ago, at last my bike has arrived (can't wait to cane it after running in). I know there are a few reviews on here already but I will leave some feedback on here after I've done a few miles.

ENJOY !!!!
Old 24-Jul-2012, 22:52
Bikes: 1199 s

First service carried out today (24/07/12) - can start "using" it gradually now !
I have ordered the Ventureshield full kit (yesterday in fact), the art is in the fitting - apparently ?
I will "borrow" some liquid we use at work, (for window filming) stops the adheasive sticking as soon as you apply the covering/allows you to move the sheet into position, then - "iron out" any fluid-air bubbles so there is a invisible finish !
That - gents, is the "theory side" of it ! I will let you know just how well "theory" turns into "practice" ?
Wish me luck !
Old 01-Aug-2012, 08:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualtwit
First service carried out today (24/07/12) - can start "using" it gradually now !
I have ordered the Ventureshield full kit (yesterday in fact), the art is in the fitting - apparently ?
I will "borrow" some liquid we use at work, (for window filming) stops the adheasive sticking as soon as you apply the covering/allows you to move the sheet into position, then - "iron out" any fluid-air bubbles so there is a invisible finish !
That - gents, is the "theory side" of it ! I will let you know just how well "theory" turns into "practice" ?
Wish me luck !

I picked up my bike at the weekend and so far so good, I had the venture sheild full kit fitted before I collected the bike and you have to really look to notice that it is on there. Hopefully this will stop the paint scratching, chipping. Can't wait to finish running it in, don't remember the seat being as hard and slippery as this on the test rides. Apart from the slight niggle of the seat the bike is great, no sign of oil leaks or smoking on start up.
Old 04-Oct-2012, 14:31
Bikes: 1199 s

Nurburgring 2012

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]