Ducati Sporting Club UK
Ducati Press Releases
Information from the Factory and Ducati UK.
ALL content published here is copyright of Ducati and cannot be used without their express permission.

Old 22-Sep-2009, 08:51
The Webteam
DSC Club Rep
Webteam
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: A Virtual Ducati

Contract Renewal For Haga And Fabrizio

2010 Riders

CONTRACT RENEWAL FOR THE TWO DUCATI XEROX RIDERS HAGA AND FABRIZIO

Bologna (Italy), Monday 21st September: just a few days prior to the Imola Superbike round, taking place from 25th to 27th September, Ducati confirms that both the Ducati Xerox riders Noriyuki Haga and Michel Fabrizio will stay with the team for the 2010 racing season. In the last week Ducati’s management have reached an agreement with both Noriyuki and Michel, meaning that the two talented riders, currently second and third in the World Superbike standings, will remain on board for the coming year. This important renewal will allow for a continuation of the great work that results from such close collaboration between the technical staff and the riders. For the 34-year old Japanese rider this will be his second consecutive season with the Ducati Xerox squad and is the third for 25-year old Italian Michel who debuted with the team, alongside Troy Bayliss, in 2008.

Noriyuki Haga
“I am very happy that this great team continues to believe in me! I thank Ducati, the team and everyone that was involved in making the decision. I have a great relationship with my team and with Michel, and so I am more than happy to stay here in 2010. We don’t yet know how this year will end, but what is certain is that I will continue to do my best, as I do every weekend. Knowing that I have a job for next year will surely spur me on; I will give 200% in Imola this weekend, and then if that’s not enough I’ll redouble my efforts at Magny and Portimao!”

Michel Fabrizio
“I’m very happy, I received confirmation of the renewal the day before my birthday and this news was a great end to the week. I’m currently third in the championship and I’ll continue to give my all in the final three rounds. At Imola I’m going to go on fighting my own battle, and then we’ll see how Nori and I are placed… I’ll perhaps change my strategy for the last two races, if need be, in order to assist Nori. Next year I won’t let anyone get ahead as quickly as Nori did this season and I’ll be doing all I can to be near the top of the standings right from the start of the championship.”

Filippo Preziosi – General Director Ducati Corse
“Nori and Michel are both racing, and bringing home extremely satisfying results, in what is a very close-fought championship and so Ducati is proud to be able to confirm them both for the 2010 season. The experience they have accumulated this year will surely contribute to even stronger performances in the future. My compliments to the entire team, for the professionalism and passion with which everyone works each weekend at the tracks.”

If you experience any problems or have suggestions on improvements whilst visiting our website, please contact the Webteam by Personal Message or by emailing us.