Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 27-May-2005, 21:56
888 at Last !!!

Mods & Desmo Rockers - more rocker flaking probs

Rockers again but a question of sorts. My bike has just had it's 4th year service, a major 2 year one carried out as ever by Protwins who are excellent and highly recommended. My thanks to them.

Now I needed 1 opening rocker replaced which all in all doesn't sound too bad and it could have been alot worse. I was surprised that I needed this at all. My bike has been owned from new, serviced regardless of cost and on time, done under 8000 miles and done 3 track days. Pampered, loved and even had it's own radiator over the winter.

I know that even post 2000 bikes have suffered the rocker flaking chrome but i'm guessing, that later on this is probably likely to lead to me needing more rockers replaced. I'm surprised and bewildered that it's happened also as my 996 must have been one of the last to have been built.

Can I legitimately contact Ducati and ask for the cost of these parts and any labour that had to be included to change them? Has anyone else tried this (even after 4 years of ownership?)

Have 998s suffered rocker flaking?

Any advise welcome. Ducati UK readers welcome to email me also on colinb38@hotmail.com.