Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 16-May-2003, 16:51
Bevel Head

Paddock Stands

Hi,

Me again!! You can tell I am a newbie!! lol

Could anyone recommend where I can get both paddock stands from?

I have been to a few bike shops and they dont have the single sided rear stands in stock. Is it just a standard front stand I need? One that goes under the forks? (my old one, for the Gixxer, used to slot under the bottom yoke).

Many thanks again

Mark
Old 16-May-2003, 17:08
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
Yep, agree with Weeksy. Get a rear one that has the spindle mounted in bearings. The fixed ones can lead to the wheel "walking" off when the wheel is turning.
As for the front, make sure your bottom yoke has a hole in it first. Some haven't.
If it hasn't then the under fork type are the only ones you can use.
A very good alternative worth considering is the Abba stand. It lifts the bike at the swingarm pivot and allows far more access to the rear end.
You can get the front up to using a block and jack under the motor or tying the rear end down to something heavy.
Old 16-May-2003, 17:39
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
There is a stand that grabs the bottom yoke even if it doesn't have the hole in it. Have a look here:
http://www.fgspecialparts.it/
These are the folks who produce the Ducati branded stands as well.

Agree with Nelly, the Abba stand is great when doing maintenance or repair work. The rear stand is great for lubing the chain. Get both!
Old 16-May-2003, 17:46
Montjuic

Mood: Waiting for the Sunshine
M&P also do reasonably priced single sided stands - usually a few days for delivery...
Old 16-May-2003, 19:27
Big Twin

Mood: :devil:
I got the front and rear stands from Harris. Not particularly cheap but look the mutts IMO.
Old 17-May-2003, 00:58
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
J&S Accessories do a decent rear stand complete with rotating spindle, it has a removeable handle that is used to give leverage for getting the rear wheel off the ground and then can be placed in the 2nd position to stop the wheel rotating when removing or fitting the rear wheel. I think they are around £59
Old 18-May-2003, 06:51
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Hey Lloydy,
There are heaps of them for sale at the BMF show.Just a few miles up the A1 frm you.
Old 18-May-2003, 20:35

I've got a pair of Abba front and rear stands which I have successfully used on a GSXR 600, ZX9R and SV650S. The rear is good for my 748 but the front won't lift. It appears that the centre of gravity is a bit further forward than my previous bikes 'cos when I try to use the front lifter, the rear stand lifts, with the front still firmly on the ground.

Went to Riossi a couple of weeks ago and picked up an under-fork front stand for £24.99 and it does the job just fine.