Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 21-Feb-2013, 11:42
The Webteam
DSC Club Rep
Webteam
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: A Virtual Ducati

Question Wanted for Bike Magazine - Ducati 851

We have been asked if one of our members can supply a Ducati 851 for a feature in Bike Magazine, and hopefully someone can help!

My name is Mike Armitage and I'm the road test editor for Bike magazine. I've been given your contact details from my editor, Hugo Wilson, in the hope you may be able to assist with a feature we're putting together for the next issue.

It's 25 years since the first ever World Superbike meeting at Donington Park in April 1988, which was won by a Ducati 851. To commemorate the event and look forward to this year's season we want to bring together an 851 and the reigning bike, Aprilia's RSV4, at Donington. Sourcing the Aprilia is straightforward, but we're in need of help with finding someone who can lend us their largely standard 851.

We're hoping to shoot the feature either at the end of next week (Thurs 28 Feb, Fri 1 March) or sometime the following week (w/c Mon 4 March). At Donington, we'll shoot static and detail images of the bike, plus on-track riding shots on its own and with the Aprilia (potentially it will be the cover image of the issue). We'd need to collect the bike beforehand, using our regular full-time bike couriers, and would return it afterwards. It will not be used for anything other than the shoot on track, and be taken there and back in a van. Obviously we're fully insured and the bike would be in a secure lock-up on our site while not being used.

I appreciate it requires a lot of trust from the owner, and obviously we'll thank them in the feature, supply them with copies of the mag and a CD of images of their bike from the shoot. We could also look at repaying generosity in other ways, with a subscription to the mag and perhaps with a set of tyres for their bike, or something similar.

We're hugely grateful of any assistance you can give us and for anyone you can put us in contact with.

Many thanks in advance,

Mike

If you are willing to help, please drop the WebTeam a PM and we'll put you in touch with Mike.

Many thanks!

If you experience any problems or have suggestions on improvements whilst visiting our website, please contact the Webteam by Personal Message or by emailing us.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit