Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 21-Jun-2005, 11:54
DaveB916

Nurburg

Anyone off to Nurburg this weekend, 5 of us will be there Fri 'til Mon if anyone fancies slating 'rice burners' in the car park.....only joking.....not.

Thurs night ferry out and tues night ferry back to Hull and weather is looking good too.

Track is open Fri 'til Mon so Mon sohould be good when all the terrorists sorry tourists have gone home....lol

Old 21-Jun-2005, 12:32
500SD

Mood: Out with the grey....in with the satin black
NICE. I was hoping to be paying my 2nd 'ring visit of the year this weekend, but everybody cried off last week (while I was on holiday). Looks like it's gonna be sometime in Aug/ Sept before I go again.

Have fun
Old 21-Jun-2005, 13:26
Mille

Mood: .
Two weeks too early for me matey. I'll be there for the 9th to the 11th of this month. Looking forward to it, although it's my first ever visist. Ferry from Newcastle to Amsterdam on the Thur night and back on the Mon night. Can't wait....
Old 23-Jun-2005, 00:53
DaveB916

Well final packing frenzy underway, spare clutch etc.......hehehehe fortunately a mate is taking a car so even spare tyres and excess of underwear ..... lol

Going back out the weekend of 18th Sept so maybe see some of you there then, that means you NELLY!!!!!.

Weather report is not brilliant but I have been so many times now I know the weather reports are an absolute waste of time, the Eifel Mountains have their own weather system...lol

The new bits are now treid and tested Nelly if you read this, I will let you know the results and no doubt she will be back for a quick magic wand before the next trip.

Cheers.
Old 23-Jun-2005, 00:55
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Nice one, have a great trip mate. I'll have to do this one year ...
Old 07-Jul-2005, 11:03
Mille

Mood: .
Sitting at work couting down the hours to 12 when i can GTF ! ! !

Nurburgring, here we come
Old 08-Jul-2005, 00:19
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: R1200RT F800GS. Hopefully another Ducati soon

I was hoping to go to the ring later this year and would be grateful to hear how long it takes to get there from calais at std speed and warp factor 8.

Also what is the best way to grt there if you live in the south Dover to calais or is there some advantage in sailing from up north, hull or newcastle ?
Old 08-Jul-2005, 02:30
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
From memory, Dover/Calais, then about 4-5 hours riding and you are there. So, morning ferry or train, quick blast, and on the 'ring late afternoon for a couple of sighting laps-worked for me.

John
Old 08-Jul-2005, 16:35
Mille

Mood: Long on Duke's...so happy
warning...........motorways through Belgium are seriously dull and appalling quality and go on and on and on and on and on and on. Often no more than badly maintained concrete and no fun on a bike. Always well worth considering trailers if you ask me.

If anybody reading this goes my children are very into the 'ring stickers and so if anyone goes and could get a selection of sizes for me I'd be happy to give them a profit?
Old 12-Jul-2005, 00:39
DaveB916

Going back out on the 21st if no one has got you the stickers by then let me know and I will pick some up for you.

I travel Hull to Rotterdam, sails late Thurs so quick blast to Hull after work and arrive next morning having had dinner and wine on board, then return Tues evening arriving back for work Weds morning. Mondays are usually the best days on the track as the weekends are generally mayhem, do not ride on Sundays between 11:00 and 17:00 !!!!

The ride there and back is pretty good once you have got the motorways out of the way and then pick up the road at Monschau (probably spelt wrong) the road from there to Adenau is fantastic with lots of fast twisties.

Anyone there that weekend?