Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 01-Jul-2005, 22:32
500SD

Mood: PENSO POSITIVO....SEMPRE!!
Brands,Donnie,Cadwell - in Three days...

Well, was tyring but we made it ... Three Italians, Three Italian bikes, Three UK Tracks..
Great experience..and luckly three great track days (the last only three session due to rain..Italians do not like rain!!)
This is what's happened..with some pictures...
So get your cuppa and have a laugh reading my English/Italian written report..
Francesco (Frankie) and Massimo (Max) arrived last Saturday in Ascot after 18 hours driving (after friday work) an A4 Station wagon towing a closed trailer.. After almost 1000 miles guess what..the two bikes - one F4 MV and a Duke 999 2005 - moved and the MV did break the right Duke track fairing.. scratches all over the two bikes..
So on Sunday we spent most of the sunny day fixing the bikes and creating ANOTHER Xerox replica.. we did it in a day so the result was more than good...
In the late afternoon we did a quick ride around Ascot and we finished the night in Windsor..
MONDAY - Brands evening session. WEATHER PERFECT
First day on the track for the Italian MV and duke owners.. my 4th one instead.. we had fun and the guys really enjoyed the up and down of the circuit ..but too short... Great day to break them in with 4 20Minutes session and few red flag interruptions..
TUESDAY - Donington Park...Full day - WEATHER PERFECT... what to say..AMAZING track.
We were impressed and intimidated by the track, but we really enjoyed the day..not missing a session!!
We also managed one to one with one of the nolimits instructors.. Lawsey - great guy!! - the problem was that my two friends didn't understand a word of english so I was translating after each session.. and the instructor was really good in "inventing " all the possible way to explain himself to two dumb Italians!! ..as for me..he practically told me that I need to go back to basics.. useless to brake Motocross style if I miss the apex.. I knew it, but I can't do it different..yet..
WEDNESDAY - Cadwell - full day - WEATHER MOISTY and WETtish... finally some British weather...
Great difficult and twisty track. Dangerous in my opinion, and I was lucky that at the bottom of the gooseneck there is a nice escape route... which I used to stop my bike that didn't want to make the left turn.... also there was few humid patches and the supercorsa are not the best in that weather.. However it was the track where finally I managed to pass my friend with the Augusta (he was faster than me in Donnie..) , on the brakes at end of the back straight...
After three session it did start to rain..and we were too tired and already satisfied to try our luck once more...

Some facts...
FOCUSED EVENT - Great pictures even you need to buy them on the spot... the girl knows what she is doing ..
NO LIMITS - Great funny guys .. and the instructor (lawsey, I don't recall his name ) was friendly, helpful and surely with balls as he was going down crane looking at me, indicating to follow is line, riding with one hand while overtaking a slower guy guy... and I was at my limit!!! Again..Thanks Lawsey for the tips!!
THE BEST PLACE to sleep while in Cadwell... THE OLD RECTORY.. 30 quids for your own room with bath, great breakfast in an amazing place..and by the way with closed garage - and Paul and his wife are really nice people... 01507 313584 - www.the-old-rectory.info

Well..IT WAS GREAT.. I am glad my friends made it..the will have good memories of UK.. and will wait all of us in Mugello..
They are now driving on the way back in the middle of France after spending Thursday shopping and finishing all the pounds left in London...

few pictures of the trip here....
Old 01-Jul-2005, 22:42
500SD

Three bikes picture

One MV and two 999...
Old 01-Jul-2005, 22:46
Mille

Mood: One day I'll be allowed out to play......
Broggins.... sorry I don't know you, but now I'm so jealous I really don't want to know you. Git - What did I do.....went to work. Bugg3r must try harder....You've set the bar very high.

Jas

Old 01-Jul-2005, 22:46
500SD

the trailer..

factory riders..right!!
Old 01-Jul-2005, 22:50
500SD

the three amigos at Donnie...

ready for the track session....
Old 01-Jul-2005, 22:52
500SD

Some action in Donington...

Brogins in action after some no limits instructor tips..(still far from the right turning point..)

[Edited on 1-7-2005 by Brogins]
Old 01-Jul-2005, 22:54
500SD

Frankie (MV Augusta) same turn..

...need to be careful to not drop the bike down....
Old 01-Jul-2005, 22:55
500SD

..and MAX (Massimo) with the second xerox..

These Italians love JT....
Old 01-Jul-2005, 23:00
500SD

..and to finish..Cadwell...

..real example of how to be relaxed when doing a track day!!
wet-ish track, Supercorsa (rain tyre? what are they?) , first timer in Cadwell.. and... I am riding with closed eyes !!!
Old 01-Jul-2005, 23:33
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
Hi there

Was nice to say hello albeit a bit breifly. I did come back but you guys were obviously out on track and as I had already had a 3 hour lunch break with a 90 minute ride home I had to get going.

You guys certainly looked like you were having fun, see you on Monday!