Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 06-Jul-2005, 20:08
Big Twin

Brands PACE DAY 18th July (report)

im booked in on this day, any one else going??

[Edited on 19-7-2005 by Bungi]
Old 06-Jul-2005, 20:10
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
No
Old 06-Jul-2005, 20:29
Dibble

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon
No

PMSL

why not Jon ???? you can stay at mine if you like, go for a nice mexican ...
Old 06-Jul-2005, 20:33
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Old 06-Jul-2005, 21:14
Mille

Mood: ok
didn't you know bungi if you belong to this club you have to use css
Old 06-Jul-2005, 22:58
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
Quote:
Originally posted by tetol
didn't you know bungi if you belong to this club you have to use css

No Tetol this is a democratic club with free speech
Our aim to to protect other members. Highlight and recommend good services provided by others
Old 06-Jul-2005, 23:08
Big Twin

css dont do PACE Days, unless you know something???
Old 07-Jul-2005, 10:35
500SD
Bikes: multistrada, 748R/916

Mood: one very coool cat!
also ESS have a ducati try-out day or two where you can borrow a 999/749 for a 20min session......not so attractive i guess if you already have one but sounds good for a laugh if you are a 748/9** or other owner
Old 07-Jul-2005, 11:04
500SD

Mood: Out with the grey....in with the satin black
Quote:
Originally posted by Bungi
im booked in on this day, any one else going??

As you know Sean, I'll be there. A bargain at £89 for 5x 20 min sessions.
Old 07-Jul-2005, 11:08
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
I do like the PACE day formats - the grouping of similarly timed individuals makes a lot of sense to me.

The only real critisism I've heard of these is that there is a requirement to carry a transponder and the associated cost - and that this is a surprise to some attendees. I suggest that anyone attending does read all the paperwork sent out before attending as its all covered in there.

Tony Scott of the ESS is trying hard to offer an improved service to his attendees and I reckon he's heading in the right direction. I recently discussed with him some of his ideas and they do seem to make a lot of sense to me.

For example - the idea of an ACU approved membership card system that tracks (via the trasponder) your individual record of laptimes at various tracks over time. (He's been promoting this optional scheme for a while).

This means that you can potentially be grouped precisely into the group that best fits your ability (and bike) and not a choice made on what information you provide at booking time. Its a bit Big Brother, but I think the gains far outweigh the losses. The added advantage of being able to track your own laptimes is greatly valuable IMHO.

It could also be that (in theory) a trackday could be just for individuals of a certain ability - so perhaps the equivalent of an inters-only day.

Or an example may be that in order to get the groups running more effectively and efficiently at say Brands on the Indy circuit, you'd need to have recorded laptimes of 51-57 secs to get into the fast group, 58-63 for the inters and 63-70 for the Novice. The use of transponders during the day would allow for any necessary (albeit minimal) changes to be made too.

Or perhaps a more open field (with an understanding by all attendees that its more open) where the Fast could be sub 60s, the inters 60-70 secs and anyone outside of this in the Novices.

I wouldn't like to be in the trackday business as it seems a tough place to be right now and a difficult place to differentiate yourself. I like the PACE format (as stated above) and with further refinement could become adopted elsewhere.

I'm still not totally convinced about the ESS SPORTS DAY format though - I reckon the added value is in there, but is not immediately obvious. Sometimes perception is reality and ironically I reckon if they charged a lot more for these, individuals may seek and better understand what differentiates these from the PACE days (as they'd need to justify the additional expense) and would sign up.

Tim