Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 26-Feb-2009, 00:36
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 916 Senna, 748RS Corse, 1098s Race

Mood: walking on sunshine.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogaromill998
Then why do we stick with NE ? Would Bemsee or Thunderbike not be interested in running DD ?
Perhaps I'll just shutup. Seems there are only one or two of us prepared to stick heads over the parapet to get shot at yet everyone moans about it under their breath, and bugger all gets done about it anyway.

Is that an application to be on the Race Committee? Step right up, your race series needs you!!
Old 26-Feb-2009, 00:48
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wood
This is and always has/will be an issue.

eg. in the history of DD there has always been a significant dropout rate, 60 people put their names in the hat for the season, then maybe only 35-40 turn up at each and EVERY round. There is the problem.

DD cannot commit to filling grids, so the commercial operator (NE) has to do everything they can to fill every available grid space. It makes sense, yes the consumer DD suffers, but NE take the huge financial risk of booking the circuits.

Options: You have to make a commitment to the full season, financially, like the Triumph or Suzuki cups require upfront, to ensure full grids are paid, therefore allowing NE to plan well in advance. I'm sure that wont go down well with the DD faithfull??

So, you either enter early and upfront and race as much as you like, or pick and choose you races you want to enter or can afford.

Mixed grids??!! - let it go!! - its in the top 5 of reccuring debates on DD every year, let it go, just race whomever lines up beside you!!!

But Chris ... and I love you maaaaaaate

If the consumer (the racer) knew wtf they were getting for their money BEFORE committing, like any other business, then they might stand a chance of achieving some sort of loyalty! And then everyone wins, the racer knows what they're getting and can plan. And the organiser knows how many entries they're going to get - it's not rocket science!
Old 26-Feb-2009, 00:59
Ducati Meccanica

Agreed.

So IF NE gave a gtee for whatever, would the DD'ers pay up front for the season?

1200gbp : - That's 8*150gbp for practice/qually/2 races per weekend.

For that there is Mastercard!!
Old 26-Feb-2009, 01:45
Mille

I know you are playing Devil's Advocate here Chris, but why SHOULD the season be paid for FULLY in advance? You dont pay your council tax fully in advance, or your weekly shopping for the year....the shop puts on a FULL display in the hope that you'll continue shopping....doesnt say you can ONLY go at certain times with X number of other people.....or only half stock the shop....and if trackday companies can make a decent living charging, in the main, far less than £150, to far fewer people than race at a NE meet.....why, when entries cost so much, does DD get such a raw deal from NE ? Look at their site, we dont even rate a mention in their list of classes that they run, despite all riders HAVING to be bona fide fully paid up members just the same as riders in any other class !!!!
if its in the top 5 bones of contention each year, then its about time something was done about it ! if I REALLY thought that being on the RC would help, I'd willingly stand, but I'm not about to stand against those that have been duly elected for this year, but that doesnt mean I have to be happy with the way NE is allowed to run roughshod over DD as if they are doing us a favour ! Its OUR series, DSC.....we NEED to have a say in the way its run.....we are REQUIRED to be there at Donington for both days, to blow sunshine up NE's backsides.......so if they make such demands, where are the DSC's demands? Its a 2 way thing, or should be at least.
Old 26-Feb-2009, 02:15
Ducati Meccanica

Agreed with all Nog.

Maybe quarterly payments to NE would work as a gtee of being on the grid.

Unfortunately they hold the cards as the promoter.

Think Bernie and Dorna, and WSB, Flammini? They set the rules. Who owns the show? Organisers or riders? You can't have on with out the other.

The rub has been that DD is a DSC series run by NE on our behalf, a certain complication. IF it was given directly to NE, maybe even worse/or better, depends on who you ask??

Supply and demand is a bugger.

LOTS of series have come and gone, we have got to think practically about how to really strengthen the DSC/DD series so we hold a better set of cards than the promoters so they come to us.
Old 26-Feb-2009, 16:22
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
Can we use wets and warmers ?
Old 26-Feb-2009, 16:24
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Wet wet wet
Quote:
Then why do we stick with NE ? Would Bemsee or Thunderbike not be interested in running DD ?
Perhaps I'll just shutup. Seems there are only one or two of us prepared to stick heads over the parapet to get shot at yet everyone moans about it under their breath, and bugger all gets done about it anyway.

There is an obvious answer here to one statement..............

Paul

15th year in DD #68 and getting slower by the year

1199, SS800 & 620SSie DD racer
Old 26-Feb-2009, 16:37
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Quote:
Would Bemsee or ThunderSPORT not be interested in running DD ?

no i wouldnt think so.
thundersport had an approach last year in feb and said no.
Both clubs have full grids this year in all classes
Old 26-Feb-2009, 16:37
Big Twin

Mood: Hmmm Conference season
Quote:
Originally Posted by paynep
There is an obvious answer here to one statement..............

Was that the statement released by e mail (Cleggy) That cleared things up for me that did..........
Old 26-Feb-2009, 16:55
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Wet wet wet
I really must stop coming here. Every year it’s the same old sh*t – why don’t we do this, why don’t they do that, we pays our money but they takes the p*ss and the grass is greener over there, there and there.

I’m simple and I like things simple, rules are here, races are there, if I want to race I sign up.

If I’m going to get precious about who I’m racing with, how many laps, at which tracks, how big the trophies are, if someone might be cheating/better/spending more than me; I’ll just go and race somewhere else where it’s not the case….

Oh no, I’ve got a Ducati so I’m Special….

See you on the grid then

Paul

15th year in DD #68 and getting slower by the year

1199, SS800 & 620SSie DD racer