Quote:
Originally posted by DIBBLE
Quote:
Originally posted by Ducnow
Quote:
Originally posted by DIBBLE
Quote:
By t/day kit you guys mean racing fairings, right?

yep

Ok thanks.

sorry, hope that didn't appear blunt mate, i'm just running round multi tasking and failing miserably in my own inimitable style .....

Sure, no problem.
Old 21-Apr-2005, 14:48
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Got a few numbers to call now, will let you know how this progresses, it's hard to believe there are so few kits around for these bikes, if I had any knowledge on the subject I'd be kicking kits out myself, there's a large pot of gold there for someone
Old 21-Apr-2005, 15:02
888 at Last !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by JPM
Got a few numbers to call now, will let you know how this progresses, it's hard to believe there are so few kits around for these bikes, if I had any knowledge on the subject I'd be kicking kits out myself, there's a large pot of gold there for someone

Hmmm..... can someone post links here to sites of companys that make those kits, so we can check it and compare prices?
Old 21-Apr-2005, 17:27
888 at Last !!!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by JPM

Hmmm..... can someone post links here to sites of companys that make those kits, so we can check it and compare prices?

Ok, i'll start. http://www.cruciata.com/scheda_eng.a...dModello =333

Do a search and check other models/years.
Old 21-Apr-2005, 18:30
Big Twin

Race Products- so long as you dont mind some cutting and shunting on the belly pan to make it fit. £200 ish, and takes a week or so if you ask nicely.

http://www.raceproducts.co.uk/
Old 21-Apr-2005, 18:35
BSB Star

Henry,

I've ordered the seat unit a week or two ago from them, called them earlier, just done today so should have that hopefully by the weekend.

I am tempted to buy the rest of the kit off them, although I do need, like you to get it painted, although I have that sorted it's still more money.

I have had a chat with Vimori today, who can colour pregnate the glass fibre to any colour, kawasaki green anyone? but it's going to cost around 335 quid just for the front end, what I need to do is figure out how much it's going to cost to paint, and weigh up the options.

Guess you had to hack the belly pan for the sidestand ??? Is it a good quality kit Henry?
Old 21-Apr-2005, 18:40
Big Twin

Yeah the quality seems good. I cut a section away for the sidestand and also had to cut a slot for the front pipe under the engine. I'm down in Swindon at moment working, but I'll take some pics when I get back. It'd be a hassle if you wanted to race with it because you'd need to glass up the holes but for track days I find it's alright. I can detail exactly what needs doing on the belly pan. The nose just about fits over the leight unit too ... so it takes me now 40 minutes to swap from track to road or back which is swapping fairing, seat unit, removing rear light unti/plate and rear footpegs/tax disk. Acceptable I reckon.

Oh, on the subject of painting .. I will get aroudn to it, but I will do it myself. £38 for 1/2 litre pack from RS Bikepaint and a mat'es compressor. Need thinners, etch primer etc but better than the £350 I got quoted!

Pictures of fairing on my site here
http://82.70.86.166/handk/bikes/inde...ll20050325.php
doh! server is well an truly down .. in fact it is in Swindon here with me! Just realised!

[Edited on 21-4-2005 by HW]
Old 21-Apr-2005, 19:02
BSB Star

Well I won't be racing it, so not fussed about the holes, I really need one with a sidestand cutout, but as you've done would be fine, saves a lot of hassle at the end of the day, be interesting to see the photo's, and also one of the sidestand "mod"
Old 21-Apr-2005, 19:04
Big Twin

Yep .... will take some pics tonight or in the morning. Sidestand cutout was the easy bit.

[Edited on 21-4-2005 by HW]
Old 21-Apr-2005, 19:18
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Might be a stupid question but...

Is good quality an issue for trackday kit? Wouldn't you want something that fiited OK but is as cheap as you can get away with?

They don't do T/D kit for ST's, fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it) I've got a collection of scabby old panels that I have already crashed in.

I don't really care how scabby they look though if I'm just gonna crash em again