Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 22-Apr-2005, 22:15
Mille

Mood: One day I'll be allowed out to play......
[quote
I must admit that is for colour matched (the tank and mudguard are still original parts) - from RS Bikepaint. It's a 2 part pack. I've just been trying to track down this chap in town who is a Ducati single enthusiast and bodywork resprayer. Sounds like a useful bloke to meet! [/quote]

If he's lending you an air-fed mask, because 2-pack paint gives off cyanide gas, and most require baking to harden the paint - you'll be fine.

A full fairing and seat unit will need about a litre for a few good coats, and matching the paint should not alter the price if you find a decent bodyshop supplier.

I just paid 12 quid for a litre of metallic matched paint for my VW Touareg....worth asking around.

Jas

Ask Ali as he's just sprayed his DD bike using single-pack paint and lacquer - works fine for race gear.
Old 22-Apr-2005, 22:33
500SD

Mood: happy
jools your a Star You don't have to crash, you are under orders remember
from the present Mrs jools NO crashing.( not till after the wedding)
Old 23-Apr-2005, 01:04
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by hooley
[quote
I must admit that is for colour matched (the tank and mudguard are still original parts) - from RS Bikepaint. It's a 2 part pack. I've just been trying to track down this chap in town who is a Ducati single enthusiast and bodywork resprayer. Sounds like a useful bloke to meet!

If he's lending you an air-fed mask, because 2-pack paint gives off cyanide gas, and most require baking to harden the paint - you'll be fine.

A full fairing and seat unit will need about a litre for a few good coats, and matching the paint should not alter the price if you find a decent bodyshop supplier.

I just paid 12 quid for a litre of metallic matched paint for my VW Touareg....worth asking around.

Jas

Ask Ali as he's just sprayed his DD bike using single-pack paint and lacquer - works fine for race gear. [/quote]

I met this Italian guy today called Pepe in Grantham. He restores and imports Ducati singles, mostly 150 and 175cc but nothing bigger than 250cc. Interesting to talk to. His trade is paint spraying and he has offered to paint the fairing for me in 2 part red. Top bloke. He'll be at the BMF - next door in the DOCGB marquee with a couple of his bikes.
Old 23-Apr-2005, 02:21
500SD

Mood: Is it summer yet?
JPM,

I know of 3 bikes up here in Scotland currently running the Race Products stuff (including my own).

As has been said already, they generally fit where they touch and need a bit of time and more importantly, a lot of patience to get on the bike without looking like an accident already.

I'd also echo that they look fairly strong and durable, but none of us has scattered a bike yet to carry out a full test (thankfully).

If you've got the time and the patience they're great value for money, but then as you're aware, you still need to account for painting. Maybe if you knew a painter on the side ...... ?

Good luck mate!
Old 25-Apr-2005, 03:01
Mille

only one place to go.....

replicast 999 bodywork....

[Edited on 25-4-2005 by timetrial]
Old 25-Apr-2005, 11:03
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
TT

thats what he has on at the moment but painted in Koji as it was Haslems race kit.

Not looking quite so pretty now though after a tarmac interface and then us having some fun with the jigsaw on Saturday
Old 25-Apr-2005, 11:46
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
That looks like RS kit, which needs to air intakes cutting down from the inside to allow the airtubes to butt up correctly, the seat unit looks like an RS seat also, which needs a nice carbon bracket, plus a technosel seat pad, or hours of hacking to fit the road bike