Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 26-Jul-2005, 23:02
Big Twin

Mood: This is a carbon free zone!
Spoke to Mark tonight,he seemed in reasonable spirits considering his off,don`t know if he`s doing the Fish & chip run Sunday, he`d still be quicker than most of us riding one handed
Give us a ring if need anything mate(bar money)or just want a mardle.

[Edited on 26-7-2005 by sparkin]
Old 27-Jul-2005, 00:03
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally posted by sparkin
Wtf's a mardle?
Is it some quaint Narfaark custom that you are going to introduce us to this weekend??
Old 27-Jul-2005, 00:05
everton

Quote:
Originally posted by KeefyB
Quote:
Wtf's a mardle?
Is it some quaint Narfaark custom that you are going to introduce us to this weekend??

No .. an optional extra on older Ducati's that causes a strange but likeable inflection/burr in your speech.

Often found in out of the way places like Alice Springs, where they filmed Deliverance and Narch.
Old 27-Jul-2005, 15:41

Hope you get well soon Mark, saw you just as we were leaving with someone dressing you, well I think that was what was going on. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Old 27-Jul-2005, 16:00
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
had fun on track with you m8....hope you heal soon.....

Phil
Old 27-Jul-2005, 17:43
500SD
Bikes: Diavel

All the best Mark, it won't take long to fix mate
Old 27-Jul-2005, 18:48
Mille

Mood: childish
hi mark, i was following you round on the last session & you were on it!

after the chequered flag i slowed down to do as couple of wheelies that had been building up & had to get out me system & saw you go down.

you passed me on the brakes at that corner earlier on in the day when it was wet & remember thinking how did he get away with that?!

glad your not too bashed up, get well soon rus (mr LSL)
Old 27-Jul-2005, 19:05
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by gasmanrus

you passed me on the brakes at that corner earlier on in the day when it was wet & remember thinking how did he get away with that?!

wets,that`s how!
Old 27-Jul-2005, 19:07
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by KeefyB
Quote:
Wtf's a mardle?

Old 27-Jul-2005, 20:54
wheelspin

Thanks for all the good wishes folks.

The bike is looking a bit roughed up but it's mainly cosmetic, new clip on, parts for the rearsets, water pump etc. Helmet is trashed, boots in the skip, don't think anyone will ride near me if I wear the leathers again.

Huge thanks to everyone who helped on the day. The reason I looked shocked Dave was that I didn't think the guys would be able to cram everything in the van.
But they did Gawd bless 'em.

Thanks to Rooney for being the ambulance driver and for unloading the van and putting it all away! He even washed it for me. Cheers mate.

My bike riding future has now been questioned- not by me I might add- by friends and family. As I run my own business there's no one to do my job and that means I just have to get on with it. I think I've got away very lightly with a couple of broken bones so I'm typing left handed and I've realised I can actually write left handed. If I'd bust a collar bone or something then things would be serious but I'm managing to hobble about and get on with some work.

Hopefully the cold laser treatment will speed up my recovery and I'll be ok in 3 weeks time. During this time I've got to make a few decisions and reflect on what's happened. I had a good day on Monday although I did go grass tracking twice in the same session as I found the limit of lean angle and grip at Charlies 2 and Park. The best session was probably on the wets with a wet track as the amount of grip was amazing. I'd settled into a rhythm on the final session trying to hit the apexes and carry as much speed as possible. I didn't let up after the chequered flag (WJB said not to!) and went into Park as I had before. Next thing I knew was I was flying through the air, hitting the ground and tumbling over and over- I remember thinking to myself "Am I ever going to stop?" When I finally stopped cartwheeling I could hear the roar of an engine and I crawled towards the bike thinking it was still running. A bike went past and the noise stopped! ( maybe you Rus)I was a bit dazed but managed to help the marshall stand the bike up. I obviously highsided but I had no warning so I'm wondering if the tyres had become overheated? I'd like to find some reason for the crash rather than "you were going too fast" because to be honest I'd go the same pace again. I don't know what it is I'll have to do differently to avoid the same thing happening again- which is a bit worrying.

Anyhow, thanks again for all your concerns- may have to change that Avatar now.

Mark