Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 12-Oct-2006, 15:57
Big Twin

Mood: Black and grey (and a bit of red)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconic944ss
Hmmmm, to say that someone who has won a race in a championship isn't good enough to be there seems an odd statement.

He only won a race because everyone else fell off.
Old 12-Oct-2006, 15:59
Cucciolo
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse

Mood: Waiting for the revolution!
As the saying goes: To finish first, first you have to finish.
Old 12-Oct-2006, 15:59
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz
I think Chris is a great rider and a great guy. He has never really had the machinery in WSB to win it has he?

Would be great to see him back in the UK though....

The best machinery goes to the best riders.

Why isn't this obvious?
Old 12-Oct-2006, 16:05
Cucciolo
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse

Mood: Waiting for the revolution!
Quote:
Originally Posted by beancounter
The best machinery goes to the best riders.

Why isn't this obvious?

Hmm, not always sure that is the case. As you and I both know money talks....

What was he 9th? So who else was there? Bayliss, Corser, Toseland, Haga, Pitt, Lanzi, Muggeridge, Barros, Kagayama. Thats 9 so he beat 1 of them and was top Kawasaki....
Old 12-Oct-2006, 16:27
Mille

Mood: He's not happy {:o( He's back at sea!
Quote:
He only won a race because everyone else fell off.

He stayed on because he was a better, more controlled and more skillful rider than everyone else.
That WSB race was a master class by a master of his art. He was seconds ahead in lap times than any of the others on better bikes and he stayed on, what does that say?.
He didn't stay in WSB regardless of his ability because he is a Brit, he is getting on a bit, and he isn't a showboy glamour puss. Oh and the others paid for rides, he doesn't.
He would do the same again if he had the machinery.
Anybody can be fast in the dry and in a straight line, even me. After all all the other fell off going round corners.

Ains.
Old 12-Oct-2006, 16:44
WSB Hero

Mood: No point in working long hours to die early
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ains.
He stayed on because he was a better, more controlled and more skillful rider than everyone else.
That WSB race was a master class by a master of his art. He was seconds ahead in lap times than any of the others on better bikes and he stayed on, what does that say?.
He didn't stay in WSB regardless of his ability because he is a Brit, he is getting on a bit, and he isn't a showboy glamour puss. Oh and the others paid for rides, he doesn't.
Anybody can be fast in the dry and in a straight line, even me. After all all the other fell off going round corners.

Ains.
His charge to the front started at the back.
Old 12-Oct-2006, 16:48
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ains.

Ains.

Ains, I hate to say this to a fellow 888 man, but that's the silliest post I've seen since I stopped looking at the DD forum...

In conditions like Assen it's a complete lottery and pure chance as to who stays on and who falls off.

Walker is a "better, more controlled and more skillful" rider than Bayliss, Barros, Corser, Haga etc? Don't think so!!!
Old 12-Oct-2006, 16:49
Mille

Mood: He's not happy {:o( He's back at sea!
Must have been BC, he stayed on, they fell off what's more he was staying on and lapping faster than they were.

Ains.
Old 12-Oct-2006, 17:11
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
CW is a man who knows how to overcome adversity in racing, mega disappointment after losing the BSB crown due to machine failure, Bells palsy, being trated as a second class citizen by his team and hanging on in there in dire conditions at Assen, Tenacity deserves some reward IMHO.

One day he'll loose the underdog tag and become top dog if there is any justice.

Ray.
Old 12-Oct-2006, 19:38
500SD

Talking

Quote:
Ains, I hate to say this to a fellow 888 man, but that's the silliest post I've seen since I stopped looking at the DD forum...

In conditions like Assen it's a complete lottery and pure chance as to who stays on and who falls off.

Walker is a "better, more controlled and more skillful" rider than Bayliss, Barros, Corser, Haga etc? Don't think so!!!
I hope you never have the chance to ever meet Chris or to even speak to the guy. Hes the most honest hardworking racer you could wish to meet and treats his fans like normal people and gives his time relentlessly. I have no doubt if you did met him you would be very hypocritical and never tell him what you think of his efforts for British Racing.

Thank you

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit