Ducati Sporting Club UK
Rideouts, Meets and other Events
Details of various meetings, rideouts and events that are not Ducati specific.

Old 05-Nov-2011, 22:38
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
I just need to decide which bike to take to the fuel station first thing in the morning

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 06-Nov-2011, 08:02
500SD

Mood: ready to race
Buggsy and myself will be joining you guys at macy Ds
Old 06-Nov-2011, 08:12
MotoGP God

Glorious sunshine up this way, should be a nice day for a ride out, think I'll be needing the tinted visor

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 06-Nov-2011, 11:26
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
I hate you all
Old 06-Nov-2011, 18:27
MotoGP God

Had a cracking day out with some good company, the little 750SSie did well, although the suspension could do with a tweek, bit to stiff on the road and many of the roads were really bumpy and the lock to lock pot hole induced tank slapper was a bit uncalled for,

Did Newbury to Wantage via the 338, then on to Lambourn and across to Watchfield to pick up the A420 into Swindon, Lunch and a look round at GWs before heading back up the A420 to Faringdon then headed back across to Wantage, and on to Rowstock (Why was that car drifting over on to the wrong side of the road and heading for me -TO55ER)
Then Across the downs witha decent run this time and ended up back at H-Cafe, Excellent road conditions for a November rideout
Old 06-Nov-2011, 18:57
500SD
Bikes: 996 Bip

Mood: CITIUS EST MELIUS!
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
Had a cracking day out with some good company, the little 750SSie did well, although the suspension could do with a tweek, bit to stiff on the road and many of the roads were really bumpy and the lock to lock pot hole induced tank slapper was a bit uncalled for,

Did Newbury to Wantage via the 338, then on to Lambourn and across to Watchfield to pick up the A420 into Swindon, Lunch and a look round at GWs before heading back up the A420 to Faringdon then headed back across to Wantage, and on to Rowstock (Why was that car drifting over on to the wrong side of the road and heading for me -TO55ER)
Then Across the downs witha decent run this time and ended up back at H-Cafe, Excellent road conditions for a November rideout

Your'e not wrong, some of those bumps had me jumping all over the place. Perhaps we should have slowed down (silly idea). Regarding your tankslapper, it looked spectacular, until I hit exactly the same pothole - hell's bells!

Excellent day out with a good range of bikes and, as always, great company!

Can I squeeze another ride out to Popham next week?..........

Regards,

James
Old 06-Nov-2011, 20:32
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 996 1 & only Class C DD Champion and KTM LC8 950 SMR

Mood: It's not big, Its not funny, It's necessary
Lol the KTM just ate those bumps up, mind you the death weave later at 125 mph produced a weird smell.

Great day out

Craig
Old 06-Nov-2011, 20:46
Bevel Head
Bikes: ex1098, ex748s,ex 999s, now 916 SP3

Sounds like a good trip out.

Took my 916 for a blast and caught up with Dave and Brenda so tagged along for a bit but was running low on fuel so lost them.

Coming back from Henley I came across a BMW 1000rr who hit some serious speed going up the dual carriage way but I was able to catch up in traffic and had a good play back to H-Cafe. Collected a new battery there as the old one could bearly spin up the SP3 engine.

Very impressed with the bikes bhp and handling. Clean fuel has sorted out the slight misfire as well
Old 06-Nov-2011, 20:48
Mille
Bikes: 999 bip zx6r DD

Excellent day out as usual. Thanks Kev for finding some good roads - glad I had the steering damper wound up !
Old 10-Nov-2011, 20:20
500SD
Bikes: 996 Bip

Mood: CITIUS EST MELIUS!
Cool 916 SP3 - Do tell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nev748
Sounds like a good trip out.

Took my 916 for a blast and caught up with Dave and Brenda so tagged along for a bit but was running low on fuel so lost them.

Coming back from Henley I came across a BMW 1000rr who hit some serious speed going up the dual carriage way but I was able to catch up in traffic and had a good play back to H-Cafe. Collected a new battery there as the old one could bearly spin up the SP3 engine.

Very impressed with the bikes bhp and handling. Clean fuel has sorted out the slight misfire as well

Hello Nev,

Any pictures, I really like the 916 SP.......

Regards,

James