Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 20-Sep-2005, 13:52
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
TA5: help from experienced riders needed

Hi guys,

I've taken a day off for TA5 but I won't ride there. It's unfortunately not in this year DD budget...

But I thougt I could take my DD bike (a 620 Sport) to Brands and see if some of you would agree to take it for a ride, in the purpose of helping me to set it up (suspension, postion of the handle bars, etc...). My motorbike experience is limited to my 600 Monster and the DD bike, so it's very difficult for me to try to improve anything. The only thing I know is that I definitely don't feel it as good as I feel my 600 Monster but I couldn't say why.

Monty agreed for me to come over Brands with my bike, I'll take my tools as well. So I'm just searching for experienced riders (taking part in TA5) who would agree to try my 620 and so help me to make it good to ride. The bike will come with plenty of petrol. The only rule will be not to crash with it, I can do this on my own, thanks

Hope to see a lot of you there. I think it will be my first DSC event except DD meetings, I should discover new faces.

Tonio
Old 20-Sep-2005, 17:26
500SD

Mood: Out with the grey....in with the satin black
Quote:
Originally posted by Tonio600
Hi guys,

I've taken a day off for TA5 but I won't ride there. It's unfortunately not in this year DD budget...

But I thougt I could take my DD bike (a 620 Sport) to Brands and see if some of you would agree to take it for a ride, in the purpose of helping me to set it up (suspension, postion of the handle bars, etc...). My motorbike experience is limited to my 600 Monster and the DD bike, so it's very difficult for me to try to improve anything. The only thing I know is that I definitely don't feel it as good as I feel my 600 Monster but I couldn't say why.

Monty agreed for me to come over Brands with my bike, I'll take my tools as well. So I'm just searching for experienced riders (taking part in TA5) who would agree to try my 620 and so help me to make it good to ride. The bike will come with plenty of petrol. The only rule will be not to crash with it, I can do this on my own, thanks

Hope to see a lot of you there. I think it will be my first DSC event except DD meetings, I should discover new faces.

Tonio

oooooo.......yes please. I'd like to help/ give you my opinion.

I'm already booked on TA5 in the fast group. My best lap arounds Brands Indy on my 749s is 54.9 secs (ESS timing). I have tweaked my suspension setup from standard (& according to 100% suspension, it's about as good as it can be with OE).

I'm also interested in entering DD & keen to have a go on a DD bike

Let me know if you're interested.

[Edited on 20-9-2005 by Wylie1]
Old 20-Sep-2005, 17:34
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
Quote:
Originally posted by Wylie1
I'm already booked on TA5 in the fast group. My best lap arounds Brands Indy on my 749s is 54.9 secs (ESS timing).
I'm also interested in entering DD next year & keen to have a go on a DD bike

i think you'll find that if you can do 54.9's round brands indy. then you cant do DD.

i'm not sure of the rule but im sure given time i could make one up....................sorry find one!
Old 20-Sep-2005, 17:39
500SD

Quote:
Originally posted by dickieducati
Quote:
Originally posted by Wylie1
I'm already booked on TA5 in the fast group. My best lap arounds Brands Indy on my 749s is 54.9 secs (ESS timing).
I'm also interested in entering DD next year & keen to have a go on a DD bike

i think you'll find that if you can do 54.9's round brands indy. then you cant do DD.

i'm not sure of the rule but im sure given time i could make one up....................sorry find one!

I think my bank manager all ready has a rule that could cover it
Old 20-Sep-2005, 18:21
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Quote:
Message original : Wylie1
Quote:
Hi guys,

Tonio

I'm already booked on TA5 in the fast group. My best lap arounds Brands Indy on my 749s is 54.9 secs (ESS timing). I have tweaked my suspension setup from standard (& according to 100% suspension, it's about as good as it can be with OE).

I am more than interested mate
I think you'll ride my bike faster than it has ever been ridden so your opinion will be very important. Thanks for your help mate.

You'll recognize me at my Englisk, it's crap. Or look for a black 620 Sport #82, it's mine.

See you there.
Old 20-Sep-2005, 22:33
500SD

Quote:
Quote:
Message original : Wylie1
Quote:
Hi guys,

Tonio

I am more than interested mate
I think you'll ride my bike faster than it has ever been ridden so your opinion will be very important. Thanks for your help mate.

You'll recognize me at my Englisk, it's crap. Or look for a black 620 Sport #82, it's mine.

See you there.

Cool I'll find you on the day. I have a yellow 749 with termi & rediculously small number plate

Let's hope the weather's good

Cheers,
Lee