Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 08-Jun-2005, 17:04
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
I think weeksy's idea is not bad. For the moment I don't have any sigs (I always forgot) but I think it's one sig for each meeting. So it would allow real novice to play in DD for 2 years (they're not going to stop in the middle of the season of course...). Then if they want they can move to something else. Or to stay within the club, the DSC could set up a new serie with allowing D2 900 by example...
Old 08-Jun-2005, 17:05
Ducati Meccanica

I'm biased but for me what would keep me in it next year would be running my 583, there are a few about so I'd think it would be an ideal entry level class - moving up for folks when they felt ready to the more tricked 620's S2r's and the like. How possible that is I don't know. We aren't likely to get many people enter on 583's with the rules as they are. Be no point.
Old 08-Jun-2005, 17:11
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
what about the DD'ers that do SoT and get sigs for that...........i dont agree at all that the loss of a orange vest precludes you from the DD. If you want to keep a more competative race series as you indicate steve then splitting the classes down would make more sense. Many within the DD are in the DD because it is a DSC race series and may have no interest in moving on to a series outside the DSC. A rule already is in place to exempt any new " experienced " racers from joining the dsc to race in the DD.

Phil
Old 08-Jun-2005, 17:12
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
So after 2 years 30 or so riders are no longer allowed in the class who is going to replace them, and what are they going to do with their bikes, As Weeksy says some people will either move on or call it a day as far as racing goes, as Steve M says the series would soon be dead
Old 08-Jun-2005, 17:14
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally posted by weeksy
you don't get 2 sigs for doing the DD and SoT. 1 day 1 sig.

u do if sot is on another day as per cads first meeting .....etc
Old 08-Jun-2005, 17:14
Ducati Meccanica

A - I don't want to race anything else other than my Ducati and B - I think i'm starting to make a few friends here so I want to stay
Old 08-Jun-2005, 17:21
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Quote:

However like said this morning, i doubt that will be a major issue as i can't see many if ANY running a stock 583 this time next season.

I think it could be an issue

the bb kit is NOT available for later bikes (hence Skids/Lin & Psy all 583)

you CAN adapt an older set of pistons etc - which has cost us well over £600 in total (work & parts) to even try & make it competitive - and this was with AK doing a lot of the work - I dread to think what it would have cost if we had had to pay

AK would like to take ours back to 583 & ride it himself possibly next year

anyway: the rules are already set for next year in the way of qualification - it maybe just needs attention to a split in the class
Old 08-Jun-2005, 17:27
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
Quote:

I don't really forsee people riding in this series year after year ....

do you guys ?

Just thinking about, and discussing, this today. I'm sure there will be some that want to do several seasons (>2), and some that will want to move on after just one.

I'm for the split series, 583/675 and 620, to try and keep a lower-cost class for those that are interested in starting. For a quick (but impoverished) rider to have to buy a 620+exhaust to be in the top 5 is unnacceptable.

Cheers,

Ali
Old 08-Jun-2005, 17:56
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

How about you leave it as it is, but...

Have a horsepower limit? (hard to enforce)

or,

Have 3 classes, 583, 675 & 620.

If you split it in to 2 classes, then not everyone will have cash to spend on headwork or whatever to compete with a 620, and if you say no headwork, then the 583 riders will be miffed coz they can't afford a BB kit.

Otherwise, I think it's pretty good for a first attempt.

As for it being a novice class - No way!!

It's a race series for DSC members - not novices.

2p
Old 08-Jun-2005, 17:56
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Two pence?

I'm gonna stick with 583 cos it'd cost too much to change (see CK's post), I think I made a pretty good fist of hanging onto Kev (Senna3) shirttails at CC, he only beat me by about 4 seconds at the finish line and with a bit more race experience I'd like to think I could get into a proper "race" with him like I did with Mike on the Strada. So 583/675 isn't too bad a compromise, and look what AK's well prepped bike was capable of at Cadders, albeit with a flying ace aboard!
When I get more experience (27 years of road riding did nothing but unprepare me for the track!) I'd like to be on a more competitive machine so maybe I'll go 620 after next year!
Who knows what tomorrow will bring?