Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 23-Jul-2005, 23:34
Mille

Mood: I AM looking forward to racing..
I\'d just like to say...

...that i've just been out on my big, red, noisy Ducati 888 round the Norfolk back roads, and everything is alright in the world now, thanks.
Old 24-Jul-2005, 00:10
500SD

Ditto!

Just took a jaunt out on mine, and am now completely kn*ckered! Arms ache, wrists ache, neck aches and my ears are ringing with seven bells. Ahh! Ain't it great!?

(...and if it's sunny tomorrow, I might just force myself to do it again)
Old 24-Jul-2005, 20:22
GTL
Bikes: Ducati 888, Suzuki RG500, Triumph Preunit

Mood: On the up
My arms etc also are sore. Alas, my aches are cos I spent the whole weekend attending to the blown head gasket on the V**vo.

The music of the 888 is but a dim memory and its raining now anyway....sob..sob..

Keith
Old 25-Jul-2005, 11:17
Montjuic

Mood: I'm off
spent the weekend moving house, last job on the list was to ride the 888 to it's new home in surrey. set out in the rain, but as i got out of london, the sun peaked through the clouds and some dry roads appeared. for the last few miles, all the stresses of the world was blocked off by the sound of the termis. this must be what it's all about. dropped the bike off, and all was well again until i got to the train station to discover that there were no trains due to engineering work. welcome back to the real world! for a moment there though, it was pure bliss. bring on the summer.....doh! it's here
Old 25-Jul-2005, 12:01
500SD

You've missed the summer Chris - it was a couple of weeks ago. I remember it well...
Old 27-Jul-2005, 05:14
Mille

Mood: I AM looking forward to racing..
Great pic weevee!

Yeah aren't they great? But damn uncomfortable! Mine's worse too 'cos i've got harris bars and I think they're a little lower. Plus for track days I felt like I was 'sitting in' the bike too much rather than sitting on, so i've boosted the seat up an inch with foam and gaffa tape. Great round Snetterton, misery through 30's and 40's!!!

But nothin like em for feeling like youre on something which is as alive as you are. I love my old bus!!
Old 27-Jul-2005, 13:27
500SD

Mood: need a bike...
just like to say...

that I'm down with Ducati John tomorrow getting my motor back in to a fully refurbished rolling chassis - yeeehah
looking forward to running her in over the next couple of weeks - hopefully the blood, sweat and tears will become a dim and distant memory...
Old 30-Jul-2005, 22:03
500SD

Mood: need a bike...
just like to say

a big thank you to Ducati John for all of his help with my 851 rebuild - she is now running well and I'm looking forward to getting all of her 955cc's (errrm Ok she's no longer an 851) ran in and then she can get some serious use...
anybody looking for a service / engine rebuild I couldn't recommend John highly enough...

ps - his missus makes cracking bacon sarnies !! just don't expect to get to share any of his sweets though...