Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 03-Mar-2006, 12:32
Big Twin

Mood: R1's are better than Ducatis'
without getting into a ****ging match mate...

it's our series as much as it's yours.

I was actually on the way to St Neots this weekend to buy a 620i Monster until i had a chat with Monty and Ian last night via email. Now i'm not. It was deal done for the monster on another site.

Just because people are not involved in DD right here right now, doesn't mean they won't be.

It's a DSC series, for DSC, and by DSC. I'm a DSC member and obviously an active poster on the board, therefore, i see it as my right to get involved.

I can also see why you have issues with this, which is why on the other thread i said 'scrap the DD section and take somewhere else'
Old 03-Mar-2006, 12:33
888 at Last !!!

Mood: Hopefull
How do we vote on the new tyre options when we can't talk about it between ourselves. We should have been given all the options in the tyre vote and told the implications. It's a naff voting choice a bit like the one done for 'should Cadwell be points scoring or not' you just can't win sometimes

Mike
Old 03-Mar-2006, 12:38
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Lord R,

May I humbly suggest that DD has upsides and downsides to the Club as a whole, hence the interest by non racers who are paid up DSC members.

If you require further elaboration please ask a member of your household to make contact via the jolly spiffing U2U feature,

Ray.
Old 03-Mar-2006, 12:41
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
Quote:
Originally posted by weeksy2

steve, with all due respect, if anyone is not actually racing in the series surely you can see that those that are, have a far greater vested interest and therefore input?
Old 03-Mar-2006, 12:44
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:

I was actually on the way to St Neots this weekend to buy a 620i Monster until i had a chat with Monty and Ian last night via email. Now i'm not. It was deal done for the monster on another site.

Just because people are not involved in DD right here right now, doesn't mean they won't be.

It's a DSC series, for DSC, and by DSC. I'm a DSC member and obviously an active poster on the board, therefore, i see it as my right to get involved.

I can also see why you have issues with this, which is why on the other thread i said 'scrap the DD section and take somewhere else'

Why not put yourself forward as a riders rep Steve ?
Old 03-Mar-2006, 12:44
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by dickieducati
Quote:

steve, with all due respect, if anyone is not actually racing in the series surely you can see that those that are, have a far greater vested interest and therefore input?

sure fella.... of course.... maybe it wasn't the best phrase...

you have a greater interest... but that doesn't mean the rest of DSC should have or do have none at all.....
Old 03-Mar-2006, 12:46
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul James
Quote:

Why not put yourself forward as a riders rep Steve ?

i was under the impression and logic that the riders rep should be a 'rider' in the series in my opinion.

Like said by Dickie, they have a greater interest.

However. I will put myself forward as if i remove the 'attitude' i think i would be able to offer a reasonable thought on certain things at times.

email on way.
Old 03-Mar-2006, 12:48
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
I'm asking a question. I'm not cooking. I've got an interest in the series for a number of reasons...one being I wouldn't mind competing in it but, right now it doesn't fit in with my racing plans...doesn't mean I can't take an active part in any discussions, does it?

Quote:
Originally posted by Rattler
Why do people outside of the DD care so much about what goes on inside DD?

I understand the interest etc, but it all seems to be going a bit too far.

Its great to have outside interest, but it seems that there's too many cooks............

Tim
Old 03-Mar-2006, 12:57
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally posted by twpd
When I last saw it there seemed to be some good debate going on there.

...and some relevant questions being asked.

[Edited on 3-3-2006 by twpd]

As mentioned above, it all got out of hand, and the buns were being thrown, the toys came out of the pram, and everyone got a bit heated. I'll put it back up, with some posts edited or removed. When I get chance today.
Old 03-Mar-2006, 13:00
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
I don't know why my thread was deleted as I wasn't on much in recent weeks. I guess the question was ok but then as usual it went down hill from there.
My question ahs been answered and the answer was what I wanted to hear