Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 03-Feb-2006, 10:49
Mille

Mood: Will my DD fit in a Fiat Scudo?
If you want to warm it up a bit just put a bit of duct tape over the bottom of the rad. We used to do this on the race bikes just remember to remove it when it gets warmer.

Adam
Old 03-Feb-2006, 13:15
Mille

Mood: counting
umm i taped oil cooler the other day took all the paint off when i removed it
Old 03-Feb-2006, 15:19
500SD
Bikes: multistrada, 748R/916

Mood: one very coool cat!
there was a few flakes of snow as i rode in this morning (748E 2002MY) and the temp was always above 60 and got to 80 in traffic. i think below 60 i would be a little worried too. On summer days it gets to 98 and the fans cut-in. the smooth fairing on the 2002 doesn't dissipate heat as well as the earlier (used to have 2001 model). do you know what additive you have in the rad - when was it changed? and do you have the right amount? checking thermostat should be easy as well. They would be my first things to check - sounds like the sensor is OK.
Old 03-Feb-2006, 17:24

I must admit I'm not sure what coolant is in the bike and when it was last changed as the bike was new, to me, in the summer. I can easily check the stat, when I have the bake with me, but not at the moment.

Like I said earlier, I had no problems with the temperature around town or at low speed. It was just the quicker I went the colder it got, to some extent.

I'll take a look at it the next time I am reunited. Should be in a couple of months. Snif.

Thanks for your thoughts.
Craig