Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 30-Aug-2006, 12:09
Big Twin

Mood: Train comes and I know its destination
With my 999S in for it's 18k service last weekend, I was loaned an SV650 by my dealer, CMW Motorcycles of Chichester. Many thanks guys, and thanks again to workshop John for looking after my P&J. The SV's fuelling is, how can I put it ... awful. At low revs (in town, etc) it's on-off to the extent that I ddin't feel 100% safe riding it. I had already test ridden an SV a couple years ago when I was thinking of chopping in my 750Sport ie, and decided against the exchange.

The 999's fuelling is exquisite, so smooth. Apart from the problem with cutting out sometimes when pulling to a halt with a hot engine, it seems flawless to me. (Has anyone come up with the definitive answer for that?) The bike handled 600 miles of touring the weekend before the Cadwell TD, then did the TD, and then got me the 270 miles home afterwards, without missing a beat. How's that for versatile? My body has been able to adapt to the shape you need to twist yourself into to ride the 999, so touring on it isn't the painful experience you'd expect.

I love my 999.
Old 30-Aug-2006, 12:20
DSC Membership Sec. & BHCN R.O.
Webteam
Big Twin
Bikes: None at the moment

Mood: Feeling old...
I've been debating this one myself for some time. I tried a 749S originally, it didn't have Termi's and it left me cold. Quick and easy to ride, but not 'special' in the way a 996 feels.

Since then I've ridden a 999 and I thought it was superb, but I won't be buying one at the moment, we're trying to move house and I can't really justify going out and buying a new bike right now. I agree with what's been said, the 996 feels aggresive and focused right from the start, the 999 is faster and easier to ride, so in my book that makes it a better bike.
Old 30-Aug-2006, 21:00
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban996
I've been debating this one myself for some time. I tried a 749S originally, it didn't have Termi's and it left me cold. Quick and easy to ride, but not 'special' in the way a 996 feels.

Since then I've ridden a 999 and I thought it was superb, but I won't be buying one at the moment, we're trying to move house and I can't really justify going out and buying a new bike right now. I agree with what's been said, the 996 feels aggresive and focused right from the start, the 999 is faster and easier to ride, so in my book that makes it a better bike.
Aah what do want to move house for?Get another bike,...go on,.....go on,go on,go on,go on,....
Old 30-Aug-2006, 21:05
Webteam
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeefyB
Aah what do want to move house for?Get another bike,...go on,.....go on,go on,go on,go on,....

Keefy - I've got my heart set on a 749R... but I can't really justify it at home..
Old 30-Aug-2006, 22:58
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Keefy - I've got my heart set on a 749R... but I can't really justify it at home..
One day mate,....one day.
Old 30-Aug-2006, 23:04
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Quote:

Watch them mate.....youll be talking rollocks, and craving shiny things good or bad!
Old 31-Aug-2006, 07:08
Webteam
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyb
youll be talking rollocks

Some would say that's all I do anyway...