Ducati Sporting Club UK
Ducati Insurance - Questions and Answers!
This section allows you to ask questions about insurance directly to Ducati Insurance and receive a reply!

Old 28-May-2004, 14:05
Bevel Head

Mood: Stressed as usual!
The insurers also have the right to void the policy from inception if they would not have provided the cover - therefore there was no cover in force at all. You would get all your premium back. (No consolation!)
Old 28-May-2004, 18:26
Big Twin

Mood: :-)
Yes, but that is still a voidable policy - it requires an action by the company.

They can do that as regards the contract law - the agreement between the underwriter and the insured - however under the Road Traffic Act the policy remains in force until the company takes steps to withdraw the policy.

I still think that the prosecutions ( if in fact successfully carried out as originally posted ) are unsafe.

I'd certainly be appealing.

Andy

[Edited on 28-5-2004 by Rushjob]
Old 28-May-2004, 19:38
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Quote:
Originally posted by Ray
Ant996,

The carbon termis on my bike have nothing stamped on them at all, just the termi stickers.

They come with the bike as new.

Ray

I also thought my carbon termi's had nothing stamped on until this week when i took the silencers off to fit a Ventura rack and hidden away on the top of the silencer! where its impossible to see when fitted was the 'for race use only' markings. Nice to see the Italians have a sense of humour with the location of said markings.
Old 01-Jun-2004, 15:55

ducati insurance

just thought i'd check out "ducati insurance" to see if they would cover my bike with termi's on? "NO"was the answer !! but they said they would cover the bike but said they wouldn't pay out if termi's were on the bike at the time of the incident,you may get the 3rd party paid out !!!
Hang on, they take your hard earnt cash off you to cover your insurance but won't pay out for a claim?? someone taking the **** i think!!!!!
Old 01-Jun-2004, 21:06
Mille

ant996,

Cycled past your place Sunday, doin' a Hell of the North - did I see you sat out back admiring your yellow peril.
Ifn I can get my chores done tomorrow, will call in for chat and a SHANDY!!?? Might even bump into Cam.....
See you soon
Keith