Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 18-Apr-2017, 00:55
Bikes: Looking for an 888 right now

WANTED - 888 Strada

I am now finally in a position to get my dream bike, but they seem to be a bit hard to find. If there is anyone here who has, or knows of someone with an 888 Strada that they would be willing to consider moving on, please respond to this thread and/or PM me.

Many thanks,

Chris
Old 18-Apr-2017, 06:56
Bikes: Multistrada 1200s

Looks like you have set yourself a real challenge with the 888 Strada Chris. I've just taken a quick look around. 2016 Q4 5 taxed and 8 on sorn? Wow, Found one for sale at 6.5k in 2012. Wow. But then if it's your dream bike you'll have a wealth of knowledge light years ahead of my quick search. I'm guessing it's a nostalgia thing? Do tell. I'm also pretty sure someone with a passion leading them to such a rare model will already know of all the other Ducati models that would make your journey back easier. In fact the more I'm babbling on the more interested I'm getting. Keep this 'blog' going. I'm sorry the only value I can add is to read and comment. But I've no doubt others will show an interest and if this keeps the blog going can only help you to achieve your objective. I bid you good luck.
Old 18-Apr-2017, 07:08

Chris - what's th difference between a 888 and a 888 Strada? Also, Woodlands Classic Car Auctions have a Strada listed for auction on 17th June. Lot 104. A 1993 model

Cheers Tony
Old 18-Apr-2017, 10:41

Tony,

The 888 Strada is also known as the Biposto. I want the chance to take people out on it, rather than have it as a bike for 1, which I acknowledge it will obviously be most of the time.

It is a nostalgia thing for me. I had a 900ss before my kids came along and based on the fact that the 888 was the bike that proved Ducati was a serious race machine again by winning the WSB, I always said I would own one some day. However, family plans came round and I am now the proud father of 2 teenagers, rather than a Ducati 888.

They do come up, but they are few and far between.

Chris
Old 18-Apr-2017, 10:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by twentytoo
Chris - what's th difference between a 888 and a 888 Strada? Also, Woodlands Classic Car Auctions have a Strada listed for auction on 17th June. Lot 104. A 1993 model

Cheers Tony

Already tagged that one. Very little detail on the background, as well as having a rather interesting paint job as a nod to the great Mike Hailwood.

Chris
Old 18-Apr-2017, 12:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridgland
Tony,

The 888 Strada is also known as the Biposto. I want the chance to take people out on it, rather than have it as a bike for 1, which I acknowledge it will obviously be most of the time.

It is a nostalgia thing for me. I had a 900ss before my kids came along and based on the fact that the 888 was the bike that proved Ducati was a serious race machine again by winning the WSB, I always said I would own one some day. However, family plans came round and I am now the proud father of 2 teenagers, rather than a Ducati 888.

They do come up, but they are few and far between.

Chris

Ah yes, I see in reality the Strada bit gives it away as a Bip.
Old 18-Apr-2017, 12:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridgland
Already tagged that one. Very little detail on the background, as well as having a rather interesting paint job as a nod to the great Mike Hailwood.

Chris

I'm guessing they were never released in the MH guise then? Low numbers would suggest you would think that they'd be looked after to maintain a (very) high value but I guess things don't always go that way. You certainly make my quest to find my long lost 1098 look positively boring
Old 18-Apr-2017, 12:36
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

10K is too much for the bike, even if the paint job is nice. Mileage needs questioning too but, it would need a full service refresh...

Ebay, Autotrader and believe it or not (for cash sales with a buddy alongside) Gumtree are all popular hits.

Good Luck
Old 18-Apr-2017, 12:44
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

851 ???

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...01704094243261
Old 19-Apr-2017, 08:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconic944ss

Nice bike but really set my sights on a 888.

Thanks for tagging it.